1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need to know HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WARWICK 808, Apr 14, 2006.

1. WARWICK 808

WARWICK 808

Apr 14, 2006
    Hey everybodsy Im in need of some help.. I gotta 5 string warwick corvette that I bought not too long ago. The thing is I didnt know that it was a passive pickup bass.. So Im gonna do a whole overhaul into the active world..

My question is will a Aguilar OBP-3 Bass Preamp go with the BARTOLINI #59J1-L/S PICKUPS FOR 5 STRING??? Or will the
    BARTOLINI NTMB PREAMP 2.4 A/P sound better with the pickups???? Im looking for that GROWL!!!! PLease help??? Thanks........

WARWICK 808

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Never had that pup. Had plenty of barts and the OBP-3 and NTMB with no problem. The aftermarker preamps are generic and designed to go with basically anything. No doubt there are some exceptions, there always are.

I personally found no tone variation between the Bart and Aggie pre of consequence. Growl is a combination of interacting factors but I'd speculate the pre is this case will be one of them.

Personally, I don't know something will sound like till I do it.