I need to know what happened!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MCT, May 23, 2005.

1. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Sunday night at Swazey's (sp?) venue. So we went to the show only to realize that we were almost taken off the show due to us not showing up earlier, which is no biggie to me it's just that we need to show up earlier from now on. We get pushed back to being the last band to play, which again does not bother me nor my mates. We have to use the other band's equipment because I lack my own rig, and our guitarist is lazy. I don't mind this at all because I usually play through another person's setup. Well We're playing and I notcie something weird is happening. My notes aren't sounding as round as they usually do. Now I tested the fiddled with the knobs plenty before we started playing to get my desired tone, which is eq flat with just a tad bit of treble for clarity. Well my notes weren't sounding whole/complete. As if I were muting them or playing staccato. It was sick. Thankfully no one noticed other than me, but I would like to know what made my notes sound like that. BTW I was playing on my fender fretless Jazz. No mods on it... yet.. and the head of the rig I was playing was like an Ampeg BR2(?????) and some 4X? cab. It was a tiny little thing. Some input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This is the key. It was small, and the B2R is not known for it's mind-numbing power. If you save up some money, and find your own rig, you can make your own sound, and have a predictable result.
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Bring your own rig, if at all possible.

That way, you can get "your" sound, and you wont' have to p*ss the other guys off, by mucking with their EQ and stuff like that.

4. MCT

Apr 11, 2005

Ahhhh *long sigh*

Wowie. It's feels good to know, and knowing is half the battle. :bassist:
  5. amused2KAOS

Apr 22, 2005
    trevorus, every time i see your avatar it syncs up to the song im lisening to. but anyway you should get a behringer bass amp. it sounds great and its pretty cheap (only about 200-300 bucks) therds one thats about 250 dollars that is 120 watts. it has a lot of tonal possibilities (for its price) and its powerful enough to be played in a venue (especcially if its mic'ed). you have to different channels with bass- low mid - high mid -treble EQ. I love it and t gets great tone with whatever bass i use with it (ibanez sound gear, jazz bass, yamaha bb300 have been played on it). it has 2 different inputs for active or passive basses so it can crank with any bass you use. anyway i hope this helps