i need to learn this song..anyone want to help me out??

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Dec 24, 2002.

1. hey. i wasnt 100% sure where to post this but "Tablature" seems to be as good a place as any.

im in a need of some help as ive been asked to join a metal/hardcore band going by the name of "in pain die". there pretty good and id like to join. the problem i have though is this: theyve give me their 5 track ep and want me to work out the songs and learn and practise them..then inform them when im ready and be ready to practise the songs. thing is i cant work out the bass very well through all the distortion and they told me theyre old bass player was...well....a drunken ideot...so he kept going out of time..so im scared if i start tabbing the songs out im learning an out of time version. im not even sure what tuning they use...the guitar player said something about A#...i assume thats tuned down. my guess is its 5 string tuning down a half step: Bb Eb Ab Db Gb or as he meant: A# D# G# C# F#.

im a bit stuck and im not to great at working things out by ear in the first place. i was wondering if anyone was kind enough could do me a HUGE favour and tab the songs out for me and email them to me at: daioni@hotmail.com or post them hear or something. thing is ive only managed to find one of the 5 tracks online located hear: http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSvZFazaw (just right click over "download" and click "save target as"). the other ones ill have to rip from the CD and upload to the my net surver...ill do that later on though if anyone is generous enough to help me with this.

thanks a million to anyone who does me this huge favour!

2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    If I were you (and I am not), I would simply create my own lines. If you can't hear bass with all that distortion, neither can they. There is no point in trying to replicate 'an idiot'. Besides, if they liked him and his lines, they wouldn't be asking you to try out. Show them what YOU can do.