I NEED TO VENT (lead singer become a stick in my butt!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Okay.. let me tell you about my wonderful world of lead singers. All of you great bass players know about them. They are A. Holes!
    Well today we had practice, at Jordan, our guitarists house. We got there and jay told me, "Yall, I changed the gig to saturday night instead of Friday." Okay, well thats good and well, but I have to go out of town first of all to see my sister and brother in law. Second of all, he shouldn't change it without our permission. He changed it anyway though. We start playing and fatass(jay) tries his Scott Stapp Imitation and strains out his voice and our whole sound is crappy because hes a chain smoker and hes 16(IDIOT).
    So we have a meeting with Billie Wofle. (any nashville cats know of her??) Shes our Publicist sortof and gets us gigs and whatnot. Well, we get in the car at 10:55 to get to starbucks to have the meeting at 11. Jay wants Mcdonalds so he can stuff his fat face; and he pays mark 5 bucks to take him now. Mark does and we end up being 35 minutes late. Well Billie isn't at starbucks by this time of course. I dont blame her either. So 5 minutes after we are waiting, our genious of a lead singer Jay says: "Hey guys, I told billie to goto jordans at 11:15." OKAY!!!! Jordan can be stepped on cause hes the youngest, but im very pissed off right now. Jordan and Mark go back to Jordans, and come back 30 minutes later. Jay is "pissed off" because billie never showed up. He uses a few profanitys that i cant use here because of the User Agreements; and because I feel they are to Explicit and even against my own moral to say. This is when it gets good! Jay says "I CANT BELIEVE HER!! SHE WAS SPOSED TO SHOW UP!"
    Yeah well he then said; "If we cant depend on her, then we dont need her as a publicisist." I have a deep hatred for my lead singer. Who calls himself a certian thing. He acts like a goody good to people and they get that image. But hes smoking, getting drunk every friday night; and hes shoplifting now.
    I guess, ya know , he and Scott Stapp do have alot in common as far as there lifestyle goes.
    So then we get back to Jordans to practice a little, well I have electronic drums, my 2nd rack tom .... is dead, it wont work period. Im screwed and now i dont have one. Ive had those drums for 2 years too and I take care of them.
    So im a bit cheesed off today.
    If anyone knows Billie Wofle, please tell her Everyone in Oblivious is sorry except "JAY the Leader of the band!" I think she will get what we are trying to say.

BTW, I tried to use effort with my grammer and puncuation. Sorry if it came out bad. I hope it didn't though.
  2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    lol, tell him that creed in general sucks and if he wants to keep being a dick he can find a new band.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    He bribes people to take him to McDonalds "NOW"? That should have been your first clue that there is a serious problem with this kid. Sounds like he's hours away from a heart attack anyway, so I imagine your problem will solve itself. If he does live more than a week though, I would relieve him of his duties as band leader or fire him.
  4. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...

great!.. yeah one time we were eating and he ate 3 big macs.. I swear to god. But OH GOD IT DOESN'T STOP THERE!
    He goes and asks us for all our change.. and we give him the rest of our change.. and he buys 3 more bigmacks.. with extra cheese.

I about became a vegatarian because of that!

Actually he had double pnumonia, and just got over it. He got out of the hospitle 3 weeks ago, on a tuesdays. That saturday we had band practice, he still had it; and he walked outside barefoot in 25 degree weather and smoked a ciggerette.

Our singer.. is...special in his own way.. really man!
  5. If there is one thing I've learned, its that the best vocalists are the ones who are musicians themselves.

I almost refuse to work with anyone who sings and doesn't play any other instrument. They just dont take it as seriously, and more often than not don't know jack about writing.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Aahhhhhh, teenage angst. Don't you just LOVE it?
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Eh, Odie, you do it to me, so please, give Foxy the typical PeaveyTNT treatment.

8. Your singers not the problem.
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    off topic is sure filled with that lately
  10. I think you should try to track down this Billie Wofle and apologize for no-showing (if that was the case).

Then get rid of your singer.
  11. shut up DAD! you never understand me! I HATE YOU!!!

wanna drive me to the mall?
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Lawn needs mowin'.
  13. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

Is it so difficult to understand? :D
  14. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Moley, the only reason i didn't put this in Misc is because its not about my band really, its about my lead singer. He has no musical Talent what so ever.
    Thats why I put this in OT.
    Imaging Scott Stapp singing really really flat and hitting puberty.
    I think we need a "venting" forum. lol
  15. I think we've been ranting in the Band Performance and Management forum.
  16. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Thers no..band leader .....something he needs to remember.. Me and the guitarist are fed up with his crap. I think me and him might play in my friends jazz band. Ill play bass ;)

Well the great thing is, jordan cant be there that early. We really dont need anyone bossing us around and its.. making us mad. Real Mad!