Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need your Expertise!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flag2Flag, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hey guys ive got a question. but please, dont fill this post with negative comments.
    i was on ebay and saw that there were many galveston 6 string basses for sale, all for around $200. granted, i know its not a "good" bass by any means, but id like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly aobut these. my brother has a galveston acoustic and it seems to play decent. i dont plan to play 6 string all that much, and when i get the money i think im going to work with chris stambaugh on a custom 4.

THanks,

Scott

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I dont know anything about them really... but save your money and buy yourself something decent like an Ibanez. Ive heard of Galveston, but never heard of anyone ever buying one. Go to a music store and try out some basses if youre new to the instrument (which I assume you are?). Hope this wasnt too negative for you.

3. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    well im not really (well maybe, 3 yrs?) but i prob wont play it too often so i cant really justify spending 300 and up.

4. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  5. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I have that 6er. Great for what i wanted- which was just a 6er to mess around on. And if at any point i REALLY wanted to make it good, i could just throw some EMG's in it, and probably set up the neck or get it re-dressed.

Refering to the brice***

6. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    thats good, thansk for the help