Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need your help! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slickhare, Dec 14, 2005.

1. slickhare

slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    what are your solutions for hand washing when good soap may not be readily available? can hand sanitizer work despite the alchohol content? or will they damage the strings of my bass? can water be used to thoroughly remove harmful substances before thumpin away?

thanks in advance for you help!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    yes, hand sanitizers work, but they do dry your hands out a lot. Not an issue unless you have bad skin, though.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sand?
    shards of glass?
    fire?

I think the hand sanitizer does work.

I saw a 20/20 clip in which they tried to scare the audience by claiming that anti-bacterial soap did nothing to kill a virus. No ****. Imagine that. Talk about silly journalism.

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    water alone will take care of 95 percent of whatever's on your hands , unless you're a mechanic.

[qualifier]im a gardener , i wash my hands 20 to 30 times daily.

dont bother will those antibacterial [ alcohol is the added ingredient and will dry your hands out ]red herrings , they're a product of fear and ignorance , however , they are very handy for spraying your plants for spider mites , scale , mealy bugs and cleaning and dusting.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ^more coherent version of what I ws trying to say.

6. slickhare

slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    oops! i failed to mention that i meant for playing my bass. will hand sanitizer damage the strings?