1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Need Your Help...What Bass Do You Think Will Suit Me Best?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrhocson, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ok so ive been tired of looking for different basses myself and i wanna know from you guys what you think would be the best bass for me price budget is bout 1000 to 1200 dollars and the music i listen to and like covering are bands such as the used,kings of leon, brand new,mae,saosin,circa survive,third eye blind,nirvana,MGMT,we the kings,versaemerge bands like that in the alternative to rock/emo whatever genre you guys call it haha please tell me wat bass is best.... ill appreciate any comments thanks guys!!!!1

2. im open with music but i play more alternative rock and emo and INDIE bands so please let me know

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I really don't know much about your genre of music, but it seems to me that if you want to emulate those sounds, you make a list of the basses that those players are using, and that would narrow it down for you. Then, if you had a list of say, three, you could then ask a more refined question from this group.

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Hard to tell since you`ve got many good options in that price:
    MIA Fender Jazz/Precision, EB Musicman Stingray / Sterling, G&L, Spector, Warwick, and the list goes on and on.

I personally don`t believe that a bass can be limited to a certain style of music. I agree that narrowing your search with your fav players would be a good idea.

5. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    +1
    Then, after you narrow it down to a few, go try them out so you can see what works best for you.

6. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    I'd say an EBMM Stingray would be sweet for that kind of music. The guy from Flyleaf uses one and it sounds SWEET with their kind of music.

7. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    If you really don't know, go for an MIM P.
    Most versatile bass at that price point, don't assume the Jazz is more versatile just because it has another pickup!
    Anyway, you can get a lot of versatility from a nice amp. That's why I reccomended a $300 bass (BUY USED) for a $1200 budget. Hint hint.