i need your help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twi6gy, Dec 22, 2001.

1. twi6gy

Nov 13, 2001
    i have posted this subject on tabcrawler, but i never get a good answer from there so now i come to here for your help, i am in a band but i have a 12 watt crate amp and that can not be heard at all, so i need a bigger amp that is cheap cause i have like no money at all, so this amp is the cheapest one i have found.....

i no that rouges arent very good, but i was wondering if this amp would get the job done for practicing with my band, or if you could, name other amps that are cheap that could be good for practicing, thanks (sorry my past was long)
  2. ButtBass

Nov 14, 2001
    For around $200 I'd go with the BM100 by Yorkville. It has half decent tone and doesn't cost much. It is also good for just practicing with your band.
  3. well, i was in pretty much the same postion a few years ago... i had this tiny 10 watt P.O.S... so i went out and spent about 400 bucks on a Hartke B60 COMBO AMP,.... it was cool for a bit.. but , still didnt really suit my needs.

what i have learned is...

1) Do Not think of BASS AMP WATTAGE, along with guitar wattage....
    you need AT LEAST 2 times more power then your guitar player.

2) ( this is my opnion ) .. dont waste your money buying small combo amps, they are worthless... Save your dough.. and buy a nice amp that will last you a good number of years... i had to learn the hard way by keep buying underpowerd amps.

but..if thats your price range.. go ahead dude.

but i wouldnt, and rouges arent that great either
  4. twi6gy

Nov 13, 2001
    can you send me to a sight that shows a picture and specs of it? thanks
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Get something used!!!
    For the price of a Rogue, you can get an amp that doesn't suck.
  6. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    What's your budget? If you can spend a little more you can get a Carvin PB100-10 or PB100-15 For 280-300 dollars....
  7. twi6gy

Nov 13, 2001
    yeah, i was going to get the carvin 15, but i saw the rouge for $100 cheaper so i thought, i have very little money, i need the cheapst and best thing there is to get, and i want it as soon as possible
  8. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Trust me you do not want the Rogue I urge you to buy the Carvin or the SWR LA-15 for the same price. Anything but the Rogue!
  9. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I work at MF, and I was playing with this Rogue amp the other day... I was shocked, It seems as though Rogue may have come up with something, adequate? for lack of a better term. I didn't really open it up to much, just kind of noodled with it for about 10 minutes, and it did not have the normal inherent Rogue POS that is usually evident. I think I would almost come close to recomending this amp, as long as you promise to upgrade to something better as soon as possible... It is entirely possible that I played with the one Rogue that they ever got right, also.....:D

10. twi6gy

Nov 13, 2001
    thanks everyone for the responses