I need your opinion on this bass!!! Emergency!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Oct 5, 2005.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005

I was in the Guitar Center looking for something completely different when this bass jumped out and grabbed me! I mean, it just fits in my hands so intimately like it was made for me!

I love the way it feels when I play and I love the way it sounds! I can't stop thinking about this bass! So I traded in my 6 string Ibanez for it because it feels and sounds like God made this bass especially for me!

Now, my girl is mad because she says she liked the other one better (she don't know anything about music, she just liked how the old one looked, all black and shiny).

My question is, are these good specs or not? I'm a beginner, and I can play decent, but I know nothing about the technical side! All I know is I looooooooove how this thing feels in my arms and how it sounds!

Peavey - Grind Bass 6 BXP NTB Bass Guitar

If you like playing slap bass, this bass is for you! The 5-piece mahogany and maple neck runs right through the body for supreme resonance and great visual appeal. Beautifully crafted, the Grind Bass has a unique &scooped out area in the lower wing that doubles the distance between the strings and the body making it much easier for slap style playing or high-fret access. You can see how fabulous it looks, but just wait till you lay your hands on it.

35 inch scale
    24 frets
    Passive humbucking pickups
    Mahogany neck with maple stringers
    Imbuya wings
    Neck-through-body design
    Scalloped bottom horn

As a beginner, I'm pleased, but is this a decent bass?
  2. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Excuse me? Standing hip deep in a rice paddy with hand grenades going off around you is an emergency. This is a bass.

Get a grip.
  3. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    LOL, okay, I went overboard on the title. You wouldn't happen to have any actual opinion on the bass now would ya? :rolleyes:
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I do but you pissed me off with that emergency crap.

But seriously, it's a fine inexpensive bass. Your girlfriend isn't the one who has to play it. You are. So tell her to buy you the black one and you'll play both.
  5. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    What kind of Ibanez was it? The Peavey Grind is actually a very nice bass, I'd take it over most Ibanez models, but I'm not a fan of the later.

Chances are if you like the sound and feel more then the bass is probably better for you.

If your girlfriend doesn't like it just trade her in.
  6. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I've heard nothingbut good thinga about the cirrus.

What does it matter what we think though, you speak very very very highly of it andclaim that the basswas made for you, so get it. Our opinions shouldn't matter here.
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If it's affirmation you need in order to rationalize spending your hard-earned money on that bass, I will give it to you: Go buy it. I have a similar Peavey, and I like it a lot. You will not regret your purchase.

Godspeed, savvy consumer.
  8. I'll give you credit on the emergency thing. It's not like anyone was on their way out the door to help you before they read it was about the bass... if they were then they are better forum friends than me.
    Anywho, I liked the fiver I played not long ago. Has a good feel, but I'm in the vintage Fender market mostly. Still though, the Grind thumps nicely.
  9. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You said it all: You like the way it feels in your hands and you like the way it sounds. I'm not familiar with this particular bass but assume it's well made and will serve you for a long time. Personally I don't ask more than that from an instrument........
  10. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    Thanks for your replies. I just wanted to know if the specs were good.....
  11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    You sound like youre advertising the bass. "...this bass is for you"

As for the specs.. provide us with more. "Humbucking pickups" isnt too informative. Also, what are you looking for?
    You seem to like the bass anyways. Sounds like more of a gf problem. I dont know.

Not an emergency, also.
  12. Specs schmecs, what feels good is good. One of my main basses is an ol Ibanez SR405 which I converted to fretless. Piece of junk to most. Couldn't care less. It's you that has to play it, not everybody else.

Cheers Rody
  13. jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    that bass is absolute crap.

...now, will that deter you from buying it?

probably not.

so if you like it, buy it.
  14. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    +1. If you love the way the bass sounds, feels, and plays trust your senses and go with it! What type of Ibanez 6'er did you trade for it?

15. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    Ibanez - BTB406 6-String Bass
  16. Sunk

Feb 19, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hahaha :p :D
  17. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    The Grinds are great... But you probably lost a bit of money on that trade.

I have a Grind and a BTB that is arriving tomorrow. The grinds are great, but the BTB has more tonal versitility.
  18. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    I have owned a peavy grind 6, and now i own a btb406... IMO, the peavy left alot to be desired as far as tonal range, It's a decent 6 string for the price... I remember my grind bass being as heavy as a building??.. But the BTB isn't a whole lot lighter. Tone and string spacing is where the BTB takes it.... Much better tone shaping abilities with the BTB... it also has a better over all feel.... Of course this is just MY opinion man, If YOU like the grind better thats all that matters.... Peace
  19. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Nope. None whatsoever. As you can see by my handle, I am a Ray man. I just like to make sure people maintain perspective.

As far as the axe goes, I'd tell you to sell it all and buy StingRays. But that would be inappropriate for this thread. :D
  20. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    If I had to choose between a Grind and a BTB (and I'm glad I don't have to choose), I'd probably go with the Grind. If it feels that good to you, then you answered your own question.