Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT - My band on the top 10 Unsigned Bands on Purevolume.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Poon, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Fellow TBers. I beg you for your support in my bands struggle to get to the #1 position on purevolume.com. My band's name is SHAFTER OUR PUREVOLUME PAGE and we're a struggling rock/pop band...and although I know many of you may or may not like the music, I ask you to support a fellow TBer and listen the songs on the site. Our objective is to get as many plays as possible so the more songs you listen to, the better off we'll be. In my opinion, although it is not the sole factor in my band being recognized, it will be helpful in our discovery. Thank you for your support and time.

Bassist - Steve Poon
    www.purevolume.com/shafter
    www.shafterband.com
    :)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you give me one of those MTD's you have for sale, I'll have me and my entire family sit in front of our PCs all day Thursday listening to the songs. :D

-Mike

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Support your local Poon.

brad cook

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    With such a rave review, how could anyone say no?

BTW, I really like the first track Pirates... getting to the rest as I have time... Very NFG'esque.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    What if I don't like your band? Do I still have to support you? Is supporting a punk band punk? Cause I'm so punk I don't even support myself.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Hey man....if he goes for my offer, I don't care what the music sounds like. I'll download and play it all day. :D

-Mike

7. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    :p

8. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ben, you are too funny man. If you don't like my band, then tough...you're going to listen to it if you like it or not. C'mon were both from the bay area, you gotta support local boys. :bassist:

9. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    McHack, thank you so much for the compliment. Seriously. Pirates is one of my favorite tracks because I feel like the Drum and Bass really shine in that song. My albumn "when the stars align" is a good example of how various pre-amps sound recorded. I used the Aguilar DB659 for most of it and for a couple songs I used the Alembic F1-X and Euphonic Audio Iamp800. But McHack, thank you so much for the support.

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I have to? Damn. Ok, consider yourself supported, you smarmy punk rocker kid.

11. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    It's like simple plan but with better basslones/tone.

12. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's a compliment to me...Thanks for your response Danny :D

13. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Keep Listening

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
  15. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Giaaaaaa....you're embarassing me...(in an annoyed kid talking to his mom type voice) :D

As you can all tell, that's one of my better pictures. Everyone has a bass face... :scowl:

16. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Poon - what bass did you use to record Pirates?

Very cool tone....nice playing too.

thanks

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I am listening to your stuff. Its really good man. Very good energy. Pirates is fun.

I am looking forward to the next few.

*Adds website to favorites*

Gabu

18. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jongor:

I used my two Lakland 55-02's. I guess it depends on which song, but I used the Aguilar DB659 for the majority of the songs, then I used an Alembic F1-X and a Euphonic Audio Iamp800. I head back into the studio on Wednesday.

19. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gabu, I really appreciate you listening and any feedback you'd like to give. Thanks again.

20. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just cause the week is over, doesn't mean you should stop listening. Shameless plug.. :D