1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Never Thought I'd Say This--

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ductapeman, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Ductapeman

Ductapeman Ringmaster and Resident Geriatric Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    I started life as a drummer, but I got better
    but-- (ahem) I now own a pedal board. I've been playing since 1967 and have never used more than two pedals, a tuner and what we used to call a "fuzz tone," and that not for decades. Then the sound of octaves caught my ear, and everybody knows you can't eat just one-- so I just piled the collection onto it last night and snapped a shot-- I don't think the vocoder will be a permanent resident, it's too useful pulling tracks-- let's see if I can get this up right this time-- IMG_0962[1].JPG

wmmj, Nunovsky and rjovin like this.
  2. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    I don't know how to say this but dude, you put your board together upside down! :)

(Nice board, btw...)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    JimmyM, Ranarion, johnk_10 and 4 others like this.
  3. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    I know, can't figure out why the shots direct off the iPhone always invert-- Steve Jobs' middle-finger-from-the-grave to anyone trying to use his stuff on a PC? Naw, that can't be it--

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

looks good! :thumbsup:

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Aaaah!!!!

My cables are in the way. I am putting my first one together next week. Stoked!

The effects community here at TB are my kinda people..... intelegent and helpful smart @$$es.

Nice board. Have fun.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Ductapeman and Fiset like this.
  6. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Kind of in the same boat as you. Been bassin' since around '08 (after 30+ yrs as a guitarist) but always preferred simply bass>cord>amp.

But on a whim I decided to get one of those Zoom Bass Multi-Effects boxes (B1on), and have done a 180 on my opinion of effects. Even just basic compression or dialing in an envelope filter for some flavor has totally reignited my passion for playing. Stringing several effects together can really be fun and interesting. Don't care for all the overdone synth-type effects but just adding a hint of tonal variation does wonders.

Ductapeman likes this.
  7. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    Are you left handed by chance? If you take the picture with your left hand, the lense is on the bottom of the phone resulting in an upside down photo

8. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Absolutely agree. Of course, this community is also completely responsible for enabling a pedal addiction that I didn't know I had (and is still going strong in its 7th year)....get out now...get out while you can! :D

9. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    Brian, not left-handed, should have figured Apple would polarize a photo that way-- I've been hoping for a couple years that this damn iPhone 5 would have the grace to die and let me get another Android (choice of Apple was wife's decision, she's sick of them now too)-- so of course I now have the world's only immortal iPhone-- thanks, I'll have to remember to keep an eye on that-- another Apple tap dance--