1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I never thought it would happen...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diogenes, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ... but I fell in love with a Gibson bass. I have never really been a fan of Gibson basses but this weekend changed all of that. My wife is a fine art photographer and sells a lot of her works at art festivals aside from the usual gallery type gig. This past weekend we went to Madison Indiana for the Madison Chautauqua and I got the opportunity to stop into my favorite bass shop owned by a great guy and seriously good bassist (Juilliard grad) Rob Houze. I got a kick out of playing the Univox Hy-Flyer and some 1960s DanElectro oddity I'd never seen before... long scale, huge but thin solid body in an awkward Tiesco-ish type of shape and dual lipstick pickups. But the killer was when Rob handed over a real gem of a bass... a 50's Gibson EB1. We're talking the one with banjo style tuners and a brown sheetmetal covered humbucker of a pickup, not your typical looking mudbucker. The bass was such a dream to play and sounded too good to not fall in love with it. Problem was that I couldn't justify paying the $5,500 asking price. :crying:

This isn't the actual bass but the same model... not to be confused with 70's issue EB1.
    [​IMG]

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I love how the tuners are placed, rad bass.

3. 0--+LoveBass

0--+LoveBass

May 11, 2007
    Ithaca Ny
    you have to buy it the price will only go up if you wait