I now play in a Church band yay!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by liran, Mar 9, 2002.

1. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I now play in a church band. It's pretty neat, it's very professional with great gear and all that. And the place is huge! I play my first service tommorow. I'll tell you how it goes.
  2. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Congrats man I've been doing it for 2 years it's great.
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I've done the same off and on for years, it's a good gig to have
  4. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I just played today, it was really fun. And quite pleasant on the eyes:D It's gonna be a good steady gig.
  5. i play for two church bands one plays rock/jazz/alternative stuff and the otherone plays classical (a bit hard toget used to)

they arefun!! speciallly when they tell you that you kick ass.. makes you practice more for next week...
  6. Gotta love church gigs, they're great :)
  7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Good deal!! I've been playing in church for about 2 years. I really enjoy it. I'm very free with my playing and it's enjoyable. Not to mention all the great looking single chicks!;)
    I've always had a great time playing for churches. The pay has been great too.
  8. i DONT get paid...

our church is a very casual church... i mean i wear my skater jeans and a pair of crap tastic shoes and a boarder shirt and they are fine with it.

but i get to play on a kick A amp.

OLD tubed peavey... sounds good.. course its the only big rig ive played on so im biased....