Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I now respect TalkBass more than ever...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joey3313, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    So I was browsing the internet, checking various sites when I saw a link to a blink 182 website. I like some of the music, so I figured why not...Well I nearly crapped myself when I read one of the topics. It's a noob bass player asking what he should get...the first reply is:

"Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Precision Bass! or just Fender Mark Hoppus Sig, for short ;) These aren't very expensive.
    And 4 strings, always get 4 strings."

Another brilliant quote by the same poster is:
    "Fender have the best basses."

So, I had to keep reading, and in another thread, someone asks what the Fender VI is, and none of them know. One brilliant individual says "it's a Fender cyclone!". Upon discovering what it is, the next post is: "his signature bass is better."

And the last topic I read was about Travis Barker, claiming that "He is the bestest fastest drummer in the world." Then they have a fight over who knows most about Travis.

I wish I could assault people over the internet.

Now I am recovering from the sudden loss of IQ from visiting the site.

So, anyone...Comments?

2. May the Heavens and Gods that be bless you my child , for you have survived a journey to the lowest ring of hell, of which Dante himself feared to travel.

Some advice, never attempt that alone , you could be seriously injured :eek:

3. Heh, wait till you see the Lounge.

4. Hahaha! That really made my day. :D

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Next you do something like that wear proper protective gear, stretch first and always use a spotter. You could really hurt yourself exposing your brain to things like that.

Then you would have to do what other brain damaged people have to do and face a lifetine career im either fast food or politics. Politics pays better, but fast food is less likely to cause you to go to hell when you die.

Or you could go back a LOT. then you would probably end up sitting in front of a mirror, watching yourself drool for life. I prescribe some Steely Dan. Perhaps some Rush if symptoms persist.

6. Bard, I think this is one of the best quotes I've ever seen on TB. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing while my guitarist was giving me strange looks...

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah. this is so ******* true it is unbelievable.

Edit: please review the usage agreement.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's because TalkBass has the requisite old farts to keep the noobs in line.

9. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Yes indeed, master...

Please don't hurt me too much.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    No wAy dOOd! FiElDy totaly pwns mark hoppus!!!1!11!1 I maen like can't even find n e 1 els that cn play liek dat! and all fenders suxors!

Oh, man, I think I had way too much to drink tonight...

Or I just got bleed over from the poison that other board left in you. I have to go shower, now!

11. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    And I love those old farts for that very reason. I'm too afraid to go to any other sites for a little while...I'll stay here...cowering in the corner in the fetal position until I can deal with the sudden loss of brain cells.

One last question before my brain turns to mush:
    Are fans of any band this oblivious to the truth? Do the Police fans say the same thing about the Sting sig. bass? Do they think Stewart Copeland is a god?

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes, your all truly superior people and players with dizzying intellects. :rolleyes: Enough with the E-Arrogance already.

13. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Well... isn't he?

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Go to your room. I'll tell you when you can come out.

15. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Well, mister, you can just go join Trevorus. And don't turn the TV on.

16. I'm gonna eat their ice cream, and mess up their toys.

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    BUT MOOOO-OOOM! Not in front of my friends!

Yeah, anyways... I too am glad I can hav some intelligent conversation here. I actually develop a rapport with people, and really get something out of it!

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    your not the boss of me!!!

19. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

OMG!!! I thought my 7 year old invented that line.

20. It's a fun line to tell your boss too.

But only if they have a sence of humour.