1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I obviously have a G.A.S problem, advise?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toolmybass, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Any ideas what to do?
    1.Make 2 pedal boards (complete with wires/cables/power etc) and sell one?
    2.Make one pedal board for my gigs and sell the rest individually?
    3.Keep'em and sell down the road?
    [​IMG]

2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    If you're not wanting for money, I suggest setting up one board with your most used stuff and using the other as a backup.

Alternately, you make a band board and an 'experimental' one that you would just add on to the end of the first when you wanted to try new ideas.

That is a lot of redundancy, but most people regret selling pedals, especially if they're hard to find. If you really want to sell stuff, keep the rare ones.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    One for the office and one for the home :smug:

4. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Maybe sell the ones you have two of, make up your mind about BF-3 vs BF-2 etc. If I were you I would have a lot of emotions, but none of them would be bad. Maybe just keep them all on two pedaltrain pros, one for backup etc. Also, I would suggest buying a loop-master so you tone from you wal doesn't get masked.

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Sell the duplicates?

6. Loop master?

7. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    sell the bass whammy to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8. if you decide to sell the Morely i will take one

9. Make a gig board then sell the rest individually because the third option is bassically the same as the second if your going to sell anyway

10. and if you want dd-6 off your hands let me know :D

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'll give you $50 for a MIJ Boss BF-2 right now :)

Selling entire pedalboards is FAR more difficult than selling each piece individually, so I'd say sell of the duplicates first, then consider if anything else is not necessary. You're obviously going for a J.C. pedalboard, so you may not need the Baseballs in there for example.

12. +1, It'll be very hard to sell a whole board than to sell them separately. You'll also get more money for selling separately.

Build one board you like then just sell all the extras that you don't need and also sell the duplicates.

I suppose if you made a whole 2nd board and tried to sell it you could show the fact that it's very similar to Justin Chancellor's so some Tool fanboy will buy it.

Selling that extra bass whammy would also get you a lot of extra cash!

13. I just got that BF-2 and i think i like it the best out of the bunch so far.

14. Its a MIJ DD-3. I am satisfied with that one. Probably why i only have one delay...lol

15. You're obviously going for a J.C. pedalboard, so you may not need the Baseballs in there for example.[/QUOTE]

Baseballs?

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Isnt' that two of them there?

Sorry, I thought that was an EHX Baseballs above the Sansamp pedal.

17. Why do you have two Bass Whammys?

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Because he knew my birthday was last week and is putting one in the mail for me maybe? :bag:

19. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    For some reason I'm sensing you're a Tool fan :D

20. I don't get the point of this thread?!

It's pretty obvious that you can just sell all the pedals that you duplicates of then sell the others you don't want. That'll probably make you around a $1000 or more!