1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Officially joined the Low End

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by speckledmind, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

My name is Denis / speckledmind, and here is what brings me to this Forum.

After some serious thinking ( probably to much of it lol ), I find that it’s just about time I make an old dream of mine reality, and that would be to play Bass guitar.

I have some background in 6 string guitar ( acoustic and electric ), but have not played in over 20 some years, just to busy / stupid working away at the daily grind, probably forgot everything I know to lol did the Trumpet Jazz thing for a long time, but that’s also ages ago.

So let’s now turn to today, and where I’m going with all of this.

I have always wanted to play Bass guitar, it just never meshed until now.
    So !
    I going all out and will spoiled myself rotten, it’s a 7 year no vacation, work my ass off and spend all I have on a present to myself, I now know I deserve that much.

I’m also looking for Bass lessons to get me started, I want to have fun before anything else, I don’t want to be a rock star rotf or form a band and hit the road next week, I just want to play some tunes / jam with some friends over time, Blues, Jazz, Hip Hop and some Rock to enjoy myself.

I love Jazz and blues though, it’s what finds me at the end of the day.

I did a lot of researched, and until last night I was going to buy an Ibanez SR500 to get me started with this little venture of mine, but a last look at the local classifieds this morning got me the following Gem of a Bass.

I just bought an Ibanez SR900 in mint condition for less than an SR500 would have cost me, and I’m not kidding when I say mint, I simply could not ask for more as a started Bass, and an all around instrument.
    WoW
    This is my lucky day.

Now, the hard part will be figuring out what Amp and Cab to get for this joy ride lol

Enough said for today.

How about some Picts.

IMG_2277.
    IMG_2278.
    IMG_2279.

I almost forgot to mention that I also I got the case with the Bass, it's the plywood one, not the chip board ;)

IMG_2285.

Cheers,
    Denis

2. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    welcome ... that is a beautiful SR900 definatly a great find should serve you well for many years