1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I ordered a Genz Benz Neox 212T !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jakelly, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I may even have it tomorrow. Looking forward to this. I'll be pairing it with a Mesa M-Pulse 600, which is supposedly 600 watts @ 4 ohms, and the Genz Benz is a 4 ohm cab rated at 600 watts. I will also be using on occasion a GK Backline 600 which is 300 watts @ 4 ohms.

Sounds like a good match of heads and cab? I'm hoping this is the last cab I will ever need.

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    You will not be disappointed, great cab. I've been gigging one for long time and it has always sounded awesome.

congrats & have fun

3. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    +1 great cab which matches well with a number of heads.

4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    I just scored one, and I love it. Seems to get along very well with anything from 200-1000 watts.

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya, that rig will handle anything you need. If you ever do reach a point where it runs out of gas, you'll all be in the PA anyway. Judging from the NeoX112 I played, Genz really got it right with that one.

6. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Rhinebeck, NY
    I can't tell you how many 'last cabs' I've bought. And they were all great. Human nature being what it is, I keep thinking another amp, cab, bass, etc, will make me sound better than I am.

7. It's my #1 cabinet too. I use with with an Ashdown EVO 500, a GK Mb400, and a Peavey Max preamp with a QSC PLX 1602 and it sounds great with all of them. Handles a Low B very well too. My 53 year old back and bad hip like the 57lb weight too.

You will like it.

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I loved mine so much that I ended up buying two of them! :D

I think I might be making the transition to a new cab soon (as one guy said, human nature to want to try new things), but I'll try my best to keep one of these cabs around as they really are amazing cabs.

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    You need to man up and snag my Bag End Q10XB-D the next time you're in Memphis! ;)

10. Great cab, enjoy!

11. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    One of my all time favorites. You won't be disappointed.

12. tonymcbony

tonymcbony

Mar 21, 2006
    Currently selling all my stuff to get one. It even works with an SVT and makes it sound glorious!

13. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I've used two of them with my Carvin B1500 @ 2 ohms :eek:

I mostly use one of them with either my STM-900 or Markbass F1. I also have the Neox 112T that I use at a annual house party with F1 head. And I always play 5 string active/passive basses thru them. Great cabs that handle alota volume.

And they're the easiest of my cabs to load/unload. I do use a folding handcart to move em about but built in casters make it easy to move em around once on stage or to roll in/out of SUV cargo area.

14. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    You won't be disappointed. I use a single cab for all my gigs and I've never run short of volume.

15. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    ...good luck!...I've never read anything bad about this cab....I need one......:cool:

Where's the best place to buy new?

16. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    My favorite bass cab :) Good choice, although I did not like mine one bit with the M-Pulse 600 - could not get a cutting sound for the life of me. That said, I am a guy who likes a lot of mids and tight low end, and the M-Pulse is much more of a squishy type of amp.

17. jakelly

Nov 8, 2009

Hmmm

My main head is an M-Pulse 600. Its probably going to be for a long time to come. Any more gear upgrades and my wife might quit being so understanding. She's been great about the whole GAS thing, but everyone has their limits; she may be reaching hers.:bag:

I will just have to hope it works for me.

18. jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    Dunno, but I got mine from zZounds. They are priced about the same everywhere it seems. But zZounds has their warehouse in NJ, so they are close to you.

19. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    If I might interject I did not love this cab at first hearing...... contrary to all praises heaped upon. I found it scooped and lacking mids, and hard to hear in my particular situation onstage. However, with a little work at eq I got very desireable results..... for me, elevating the cab worked really well... plus understand the cab is like an instrument itself, it will give you what you put in...... after some time with it I actually bought another and have two now... they sound fantastic with my MB500, Marshall VBA 400 and yes, even my Bugera 1960. It's a great cab, but I had to learn to work with it.

20. jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    It's here! Just unpacked it, but I won't test it until it warms up (freezing outside).

I was expecting a carpet covered cab, because that's what the pic at zZounds showed, plus I asked the guy on the phone and he thought it was the carpet model that they had in stock. But I got a tolex cab and its a thing of beauty. Looks like it survived shipping unscathed!