I ordered a Schroeder 1212...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimBosby, Jul 22, 2005.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
  2. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Definitely give us a report - particularly in comparison to your Aggie 112s!
  3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Congratulations Tim! Did you sell the Aggie 112's? I came very close to pulling the trigger on the either the Schroeder 1210 or 1212 but decided to go with an Accugroove El Wappo Jr.
    Let us know what you think of the 1212.
  4. saintx

May 30, 2005
    That's awesome, Tim...looks like a Bass Gear Review Pt II is on the way! Let us know when it comes in.
    Did you get that Eden head?
  5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I haven't been on here in a while.

It is slated to arrive Friday, I'll let you all know
  6. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Awesome. I couldn't be happier at all with my 410..
  7. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Im considering buying one before my new bass now.
  8. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

You'll love it. Amazing sound from such a small beast!
  9. I've had my 1212 since last November. After 40 gigs with it, I'm still impressed.
  10. Popinfresh where did you get all your gear from? Is the schroeder cabinet suitable for slapping?
  11. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Local and imported the Schroeder.

Depends what slap sound your after. IMO you can slap fine through any cab, just depends what you want from it. It's not exactly a zingy hi-fi sort of sounding cab if that's what your after..
  12. .... and if you want it a little more hi-fi and zingy, Jorg's selenium tweeter option is the ticket...
  13. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^Was going to mention that... I seemed to have forgoten by the end of the post :p
  14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The selenium tweeters that Jorg uses have a brighter sound with more high frequency output, but are still not harsh or brittle sounding (unless something else in your system sounds harsh and brittle).
  15. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    You won't be sorry......the 1212 is a great cabinet :bassist:
  16. Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    Ditto the "you won't be sorry" sentiment. I have had my 1212 for almost a year and I love it. I call it my Cricket, after the tiny, little gun in Men In Black that blew the big holes in everything. :eyebrow:

I use an Eden WT400 head with it and love the sound. I have the smallest amp on stage, but I know I can crush anyone who steps out of line. :ninja:
  17. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I recently got my 1210. I like it lots. It's actually *smaller and lighter* than the avatar sb112 it replaced in my aresenal.
    Using a TFB420, or eden wt800b, it is definately a giant killer extraordinaire!
  18. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Chef - How does the 1210 pair with the 410? Any reason on why you didn't go the 1212? Or are you not planning on playing both together and the 1210 is for smaller gigs?
  19. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Hey Tim, I live in Omaha. I've been waiting to hear one of the Schroeders. Let me know when you'll be playing next and I'll come out...
  20. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That's pretty much it. 1210 for smaller jobs.
    My 410 is 4 ohm, so pairing it with anything doesn't work for amps I have...I talked long to Jorg about going 1212 in 8 ohm so I could use it as an extension cab for swr super redhead, and a few other things I have...but the bottom line is, the 1210 kills them all already, so why bother with carrying more stuff? I find the 410 to have plenty of lows anyway without needing a "12-something" to supplement it, though YMMV
    I play mostly DB, but when I'm playing electric it's usually a Rev 5 string. Either the 1210 or 410 laugh at the low B. The 410 gets fed an eden navigator and 1600 watts of qsc/plx at big venues, or TFB420 or eden wt800B at mid sized venues. So far I've gigged the 1210 with an old fender bassman, and the tfb420. I had the 420 set on 3 at input, and 5 on master and had plenty-o-beef!
    For me and my needs size and wieght were big selling points for the Schroeders. I have no need for a bigger stacked rig either in terms of volume or ego :bag:
    Shoot, with a little bitty 1210, and a little bitty tfb420, I can crush just about anything.
    Having said that, I really prefer to work with bands/people where sound quality is much more important than volume.
    Big Rooms need a big front line. I find it personally inexcusable to have insufferable volumes on stage, but I'm an old curmudgeon compared to most of youse guys. I did my time carrying two 3000 watt power amps pushing 2 18's and 4 10's, and I'll not go back. I don't have enough hair left to play in a hair band anyway!
    Lastly (I know I'm rambling) just because Schroeders give the user a nice break in size and weight, it's been my experience that they *sacrifice nothing* in terms of sound quality, projection, presence, low end repsonse, or anything. They may not have a sonic character *you personally like* (just like some folks don't care for swr, eden or whatever), but they suit my needs very well.