Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I ordered my EMG JV series and BTC system!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    They should be here early next week along wiht the stuff I ordered from Dana B. My thumb will be soo yummy.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Where'd you order it from? I'm considering ordering some 45CW's for my 6er from dguitarparts. Hope the Thumb sounds great, happy holidays!

3. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Did they give you a decent price or did they make you haggle like mad and screw around? Whenever I try to hit them up for a decent price the one by my house always starts jerkin me around. God I hate this one kid that works there... everytime I go he tells me the same damn BS story about how he met Victor Wooten and Vic "taught" him some stuff for an hour and he got to play Vic's Yin/Yang bass. It'd be cool if this kid stopped talking long enough for me to say "cool" or "wow" but it's like he doesn't even need to stop for breath. Nevermind....

4. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    You're a gentleman and a scholar, thank you my good man! now I have some comparison pricing, BOOOYYAAA!!

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I met Vic. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to let you play his bass. But, GC actually kind of respects me. I've always gotten amazing deals from them. I've bought a lot from there, and they're really not bad people. I got the pickups and preamp both for 250.

6. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Nice work bro... yeah I always figured the kid was full of hot air. He was so wrapped up in telling me his obnoxious story for, honestly, the fifth time in 2 months that he blew the sale of my KSD. I got so pissed off I just left and bought the KSD the next day from the Asst. Manager who's a very cool guy. 250 is a solid price on all that stuff, good deal.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yeah, going to get a cheap digital camera so I can post bass pics. It'll be a little white though. Still, I know it'll look kickass.