Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I oughta be arrested...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Ampeg B5R rackmount head
    Korg rack tuner
    Furman power conditioner w/ lights
    SKB 6-space rack case

I paid $250....and they all work great!

Woohoooooo!

2. UH WHA? :eek:

Lucky bastard :D

3. How'd you pull that off?

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Quick! Play the lottery!

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    You suck! That's awesome! Whats your opinion on the B5R? I really like that head... YEAH! How the hell did you pull that off?

6. I may have to make a citizens arrest and confiscate the equipment as evidence! :eek:

7. Right place, right time. Dude was actually advertising the head with an Ampeg 4x10 for $500, but I was short of the cash and had expressed an interest in the head for $250. He never bothered to tell me it was in a rack case with all the goodies until I showed up with the money. An even luckier bastard than I was the fellow who got a flawless Rick 4003 in fireglo with hsc for $500. Dude also had a buyer interested in the cab only. I at least counselled him into asking $300 before I left. It can really pay to read the musician's classifieds in your local alternative weekly newspaper.

8. I detest large racks, but my guitarrist feels differently. I sold him the rack gear and dropped the B5R into a used Genz Benz CC210T cabinet that I bought used along with the footswitch for the B5R for $250. I now have a 200W at 8 ohm club combo perfect for medium sized rooms with decent PA systems. Did I mention the cab came with casters? So in essence, I have spent roughly $300 bucks for a very nice gig rig that compliments my Genz 250w 2x12 half stack very nicely. My Boss CEB-3 now swirls around the whole room.

9. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    That's awesome! Congrats!!!! I should check the paper more often!