Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I owe someone an answer, but who?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jerrold Tiers, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Someone had a question on specs for older Ampeg cabs last week. I didn't have the answer at hand.

Of course, instead of bookmarking the thread, I figured I'd remember, only now I can't find the thread (it's probably right under my nose, but....).

So.....

Who do I owe the answer to, and what was the question about exactly?

Thanks

2. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    was it about frequ drop of new vs old 8X10 cabs?

3. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    :hyper:
    Actually, I think it was me! Or both of us?

I asked you for the specs on an Ampeg SVT-210Pro. Here is the thread, just in case I may be hallucinating again:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138654

Eh? If not, no problem! Was just curious. You don't "owe" me anything, but I certainly do appreciate any help you could provide me. :D

-Transverz

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Ok, thanks.

I knew it was probably buried in a thread that had a different heading, but couldn't locate the right one. This board fills up fast.

I'll be checking.

Oh, and I sent myself a note this time!

5. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really appreciate it! Take your time.

So far they've been pretty cool, especially for the price I got them for. A bit on the dark-side sounding but puts out smooth lows. How low? Well, they aren't punching me in the chest like my old 4x10, but it is more of the audible variety. Warm, is my best description of the cab. Punchy enough, but more smooth than anything.

I'm curious about something though: The connector plate in the back has 2 x 1/4" ins. Why two ins? I think that's a noob question, so apologies. But I was really hoping for in/out, but instead, the both say under them "in". EH?

-Transverz

6. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis

They are either /or. You can daisy-chain in or out of either one.

7. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Got it! Thanks!

You'd think that they would expect people like me to see "IN" - "IN" and not know it could also be out! And a manual is hard to come by...

thanks again...

-T