1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I own a Harley Benton club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JACink, Dec 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. I did like it, went all black and now I don't know which I prefer. IMG_20191024_131639668.

Gothic, Erik Asma and heb9_28 like this.
  2. gip111

gip111

Nov 13, 2012
    Congratulations on your new bass. Curious, what is the weight? And...does the back of the neck have the same thin flat black paint?

3. heb9_28

heb9_28 Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I'm a big fan of tort guards, but that looks very slick. Like it a lot.

mr zee likes this.
  4. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    That looks awesome!

mr zee likes this.
  5. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Supporting Member

Oh, hey! Did I mention that I got another Harley Benton, my fourth? (15th total) A used MB-4 (Musicman clone). For €35. In PLAID!

I'm going to turn it into a BEAD machine.
    IMG_20191101_130925.
    IMG_20191101_130936.
    IMG_20191101_130914.

6. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Very cool looking!

Volker Kirstein likes this.
  7. heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The HB headstock sure has come a long way. I'm glad it has. I like the way it looks now.

8. Erik Asma

Erik Asma

Jul 20, 2019
    Netherlands
    Weight is well normal. Not heavy and not really light.
    My stingray is heavier and my soundgear is lighter.
    So nice. I'll stick it in the scale.

And yes. The back is black too. It has Total blackness all the same satin finish. Feels great, looks great and shows everything too.

Outtaseezun likes this.
  9. Erik Asma

Erik Asma

Jul 20, 2019
    Netherlands
    The red makes it more classy.

mr zee likes this.
  10. subdude67

subdude67

Jan 18, 2010
    Kenya
    Dude, this made me so happy, what a phenomenal idea:thumbsup: do you mind if I lift that logo and use it on my next project?

I am about 7000 kilometers away on another continent and I will promise to tell anybody that it was your idea? And it's going to be in the old spaghetti script.

Erik Asma, mr zee and kodiakblair like this.
  11. heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    When you say "shows everything" are you meaning fingerprints, etc?

Erik Asma and mr zee like this.
  12. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    I never looked at that 'cos no lefty but you are right. Do you really need the pickup though? The PB20 pickup is pretty good, @kodiakblair 'll probably tell you it isn't worth it, I'm sure he's tried a variety of pups and found most them are little or no better. A black bridge is a fiver, black machine heads are less than a tenner and similar for a tort guard. But it's nice to have options, I assume. :D

@kodiakblair I didn't know about him, I'll check him out. I got a tort guard off the bay ages ago. I've got a friend who is a teacher in a school which has a laser cutter. He's pally with the technician and I've got some uncut sheets of various kinds I was hoping to get cut into guards (electric blue pearl on a black Peavey milestone?). Now I know it IS nice to have options. Thanks for that.

mr zee likes this.
  13. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    Ah, fate is tempting me. Just as I was set on the pb20, I found a b650 over here used, pretty much like new, for about as much as the pb20. I'm so tempted. But damn, flats for a six string, and heavy gauge at that, are SO expensive!!! :help:

14. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    Four strings is plenty for me, much kudos to you extended range players. I've got two B450s and really like them. Fairly chunky necks by modern standards but I quite like that, plenty to hold on to in the heat of the moment. Ahem.

The strings'll cost more than the bass. Us lefties can only have five, which is a little cheaper.

mr zee and Gothic like this.
  15. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    I loved every six string I had, always wanted another one but I really want a P too and I never really had a P. You can see my dilemma. And I can really use that six string, considering I write original stuff. Damn.

Erik Asma and mr zee like this.
  16. Feel free, its a waterslide decal I found on ebay.

subdude67 likes this.
  17. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    @Gothic Buy the six string. The Ps will always be there for another month / year. You might never see another B650 for the price.

18. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    I actually went the other way! I've wanted a P for far too long, not so much with a sixer. So, I added the flat black pb20 and a set of fender flats to my cart... :D

19. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Supporting Member

Serendipity in action. I was thinking about using GHS Boomers for BEAD, but then these showed up in the want ads today for €20.
    IMG_20191108_211028.
    They're paid for, and on the way.

MovinTarget, mr zee and Gothic like this.
  20. Erik Asma

Erik Asma

Jul 20, 2019
    Netherlands
    Yes. You want to wipe it a lot to keep that nice even silky sheen.

heb9_28 likes this.