Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I own a Spector!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's nice, I hope you negotiated a nice price from GC. I appreciate a good Spector myself.

3. Awesome rig!! Congrats!

4. jdThumpin'

jdThumpin'

Aug 16, 2005
    Ottawa
    drool...and DROOL more!
    looks nice! i almost got a lighter mesa rig only i found eden cheaper and i could use that money to buy another bass :bassist:

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ah, friggin' aweome, man. :cool:

i wish i had a mesa rig! :bawl:

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    What kind of pups are in it? Ive always wanted a Spector... I think theyre the best production basses money can buy.
    damn... bad GAS now.. really bad GAS.

7. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    That's a great looking bass and I'm sure it sounds killer. I own a legend 4 myself and I couldn't be happier with it. Spectors usually come with EMGs I think. Some people don't like them that much but after playing on stock Fender pickups I feel like they sound godlike in comparison.

8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Active EMG P and J and some manner of active preamp, either Tonepump or EMG. I actually have to back the volume on the pickups down to keep from overdriving the input section, even with the switch set to Active. This bass has way more headroom than it knows what to do with, which is typical of active pickup spectors.

I paid got it for $840, best deal I've seen on a used Spector neck thru in this condition. An identical brand new one was on the wall for $1599 and other than the missing knob (GC threw in a replacement free) I saw almost no difference. The fretboard wood on mine is obviously more aged and there is are a couple miniscule dings on the bridge....

I'm happy :)

9. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Congrats on the Spector, I recently became a member of the Spector family as well. I purchased a new Euro 5 at GC's Labor day Sale.

10. Nice looking rig. Me gusta el Mesa.

11. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    My friend in oh has that same rig (mesa + spector). Sounds good for his genre, I tried it out for a set in my band. Way to "aggressive" sounding for a warm classic rock feel. Sounding great in his "prog, incubus rip off band."

12. I really like that finish. Is it a blue burst?

13. jdThumpin'

jdThumpin'

Aug 16, 2005
    Ottawa
    I was gonna buy a mint condition euro of the exact colour but the seller suddenly stopped emailing me :crying:

so i surrender to GAS and bought the roscoe LG-3005 from TB :scowl:

spector is so far the best value bass i've ever played!!!!!
    great tone + beautiful shape

14. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    bear there better hold onto his stuffing!

15. ... cool teddy bear! :hyper:

16. Congrats! I became a Spector fan last month when I played one for the first time. I found and bought a new, leftover 2002 Q4 Pro in a local music store. I love it! Of course, GAS is present when I see those Euro and USA basses! ;)

Paul Mac

17. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Actually he's a hedgehog..and he squeaks. I originaly bought him for my puppy, but Jack is scared of anything that makes noise so he wouldn't play with it. Now he's mine.

18. LAW

LAW

Jun 23, 2005
    Nice rig with the mesa. How much was the mesa anyway?
    I have a problem on my hands and would like to know anyone here's opinion. I am contemplating purchasing a ric 4003 once I have the money. I love the way it sounds but I think it might be limited as to it's tonal variety. I've played the legend 4 string at my local GC and loved the way it felt and played. My question is: What do you guys think would be a better fit into a progressive rock/led zep type band. I am heavily influenced by Chris Squire, hence my want of a Ric. But I also love the tone JPJ has on most of the led zep records and am afraid I would not be able to accomplish that sound with the Ric. Can the legend 4 or any of the spector line achieve that twangy growl underneath like the Ric can? What is the consensus here?
    Sorry to jack the thread, but I figured this would be a good place to ask since there are some spector players lurking.

"Bury me with all my stuff...because you know that it is mine..."
    -Master Shake

19. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Congrats on the great purchase! :hyper:

I run my Spectors through a Tech21 Landmark 600 with a Mesa 2x15 Diesel cab and the tone KILLS.... :bassist: :cool:

20. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Very nice rig! I especially like the "Black & Blue" finish - a great compliment to their "Black Cherry" and one you certainly don't see as much, to which I have no idea why... I think it's a wonderful color.

Congratulations!