I partied with Alan White of Yes last night!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Slaphappy, Jun 16, 2001.

1. This was very exciting for me, as Alan's one of my favorite drummers, and Yes is one of my favorite bands, so indulge me for being a little starstruck :D

Alan's a really down to earth, friendly guy. Very soft spoken with a good sense of humor....

For those who are interested Yes fans, we talked about their new album, and he said they are done recording, and now it's ready to go thru mixdown/mastering. Alan's very excited about this new album, as they play (and will tour starting in July) with an orchestra.

Here's Alan in action last nite with Merkaba, a GREAT band....check out their site at http://www.merkaba.com

2. I think its cool, we all ponder what it would be like to meet someone who has been an inspiration to us.

After having a dad who works with "famous" people, and after meeting most of them, its amazing to see that they are just humans. just ordinary people who happen to have everything a little more hepped up.

We all have this impression that the "stars" are extra-ordinary people, but in real essence they really like to just sit and talk like normal people, to be treated normally.

3. Very well said, merlin! He's a very real guy, like you said. I really liked how in-touch and gracious he was....after the picture he took with me (my wife took it) he then offered if my wife would like a pic with him too (which we did).

Aren't the rhythm section guys the classiest? :)
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Amen to that :)