I passed another kidney stone today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Nov 27, 2003.

1. As anyone who has had one may tell you, they are as painful as all get out, but the relief of eradicating them is pretty great. It was mostly painless, except when I couldn't get enough pressure to shoot it out and it got lodged in the plumbing for about half an hour. Seeing it lying at the bottom of the toilet made me very excited though!

Anyone else share my pain? :meh:
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I don't go through this JR, but my poor sister does. From seeing its effect on her, I hope to never experience it personally. :(

I hope you don't go through it too often man!

3. This is my 2nd for me to actually pee out. I had several gigantic kidney stones too big to pass in my left kidney and had to have surgery on (this was in february). That was actually 10000x more painful (them being in there) then the ones I actually had to pee out.

I vividly remember going crazy during their peak attacks (stabbing my kidneys), running around the house screaming and then lying in a fetal position, peeing out kidney tissue, and then eventually having to dope on Vicodin (prescription) to ease the pain. And then after a week in the hospital and the doctor made me stop taking vicodin and a few days after I got home I went through a crazy withdrawal and got freakishly cold chills and i would collapse alot and I thought I was dying.

So yeah, today was nothing.
  4. :eek: :eek: :eek:

*world becomes a much scarier place*

Glad you got it out of you.
  5. reminds me of a joke...

anyone know about dog hunting? :p
  6. Sorry to hear that man...better in than out,right?:(
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Is this a hereditary thing to get kidney stones? Or have you just been drinking too much coke for two years? What causes this sort of thing?
  8. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I hear they can crush the darn things with ultrasound.. didn't suit you, then?
  9. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My father has a kidney diease (the name escapes me at the moment), so he gets stones and gravel once in a while. He drinks beer to help clean him out. (he doesn't drink, so he drinks NA)
  10. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Of course, that's just in his experience. Don't take my post as professional medical advice. :D
  11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Been there last year, man.....no fun at all. It is the kind of pain and discomfort, that you would let someone lob off a limb, if it would make the kidney pain go away.
  12. Ouch man......very ouch!

I'm real glad you managed to pass this without too much discomfort! I really don't like the sound of them......

My mother-in-law lost a kidney to a kidney stone - it was referred to as a Stag's head stone, 'cos of the resemblance to a stag's head....antlers and all!

I'm real glad I haven't had anything like this affect me......
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I had one once.

Luckily it disolved before we had any pain like what you're talking about.

14. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Really painful stuff there, I have been in renal colic and passed stones three times in 25 years. After the first two times I have now began to notice when I was heading for renal colic. Now I try to keep my kidneys flushed wuth lots and lots of water.
  15. OH dear lord please don't ever let me get Kidney Stones. I feel horrible for you :-/
  16. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, where do these come from? How do I avoid getting them, if possible??
  17. Who the hell is Kidnet Stone?;)

But in all seriousness hope you don't have to put up with any more kidney stones any time soon.:meh:

:bassist: :confused:
  18. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Kidney stone are deposits that are not broken down in your kidney's (mine were calcium)but other formations may be present. It is usually hereditary and can be avoided by drinking water (preferably bottled, mine was also brought on tap water)up to 8 glasses a day. Mine was caused by too much breaded food. cake and other foods of that type. Your kidney's are a filter for your blood and when they clog they WILL shut down your whole intire body! While in renal colic I was unable to move any part of my body (total incapacitation). I actually passed out the first time in the hospital from the pain alone.
  19. Ok give me a break. I woke up at 9:30 on a day OFF from people playing rap music loudly upstairs. I'm sorry !!! :(