1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Picked Up a New Baby

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Punkster, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Punkster

Punkster

Feb 26, 2010
    Hello TB! I Just wanted to show you a 'new' bass i picked up here in my country (Venezuela)!

It's a 120$ Bass, from Brazil, she has a Basswood Body, a Maple Neck with a Rosewood Fingerboard, 24 Frets (Not sure if they're Jumbo or Medium Jumbo), came with Strinberg Pups in a P + J configuration (They sound O.K. but not killer), she has Alpha 250k Pots and a Switchcraft Jack, i think the color is Translucid Cherry Red, it is NICE :hyper:

The Fingerboard was a little dry so i used Lemon Oil to moist her up a bit and now she's looking killer :D

Waiting tomorrow for the new strings to come (Dunlop Stainless Steel, Medium, Roundwounds) and maybe i'll record some audio samples to show you guys the sound! (PS: i don't have a studio, i'll just run my Guitar Rig 4, and Ableton Live 8, haha)

I was looking here for a post of Strinberg Basses and didn't found a thing, apparently they're not known in North America/Europe or even Asia..

Well, enough said, let's see the pics :hyper:

Here's the first one (it was late, and i lost my digital camera, so im taking them with my cellphone, sorry about the crappy quality)

2q9yydg.

1hxysl.

2ldexeh.

2s14y9e.

kas945.

2zel7ja.

aom1l2.

11w7u2r.

j6kkjp.

b99aqa.

6i642e.

2yy72au.

x22cu1.

zyd4hz.

And that's it hehe.. anyone else owns a Strinberg Bass? Lemme know, and probably we could start a Strinberg Owners Club :D

2. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I for one have never heard of a Strinberg, but then again I've never been anywhere near Brazil, either. What does that logo near the neck say - "designed in USA"? I assume for that price it is probably manufactured in the far east. Looking at the photos, I have one question: does that bridge have saddles?

That certainly is a nice-looking bass! If it sets up nicely, plays well and sounds good, what more can you ask for $120?

3. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Reminds me of Rogue basses.

4. Punkster

Punkster

Feb 26, 2010
    Yes, the neck says 'Designed in USA', but they're manufactured in Brazil too, Brasilia if i remember correctly.. they're actually cheap here because we are Brazil's Neighbour so :p they're like 150$ new, yes of course it has bridge saddles hehe.. i just took them off cause i was cleaning them.. here they are.. the bridge feels sturdy, beefy.. like a HMV..

727nyr.

I will post some pics tomorrow or the day after, just when she's is properly set up and ready to play :bassist:

BTW, she's only one year old, from '09 :D

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Pretty bass, never heard of em

6. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    purty lookin bass. the fretboard looks a little wide to me but it may be the pictures. it looks like the frets aren't sticking out of the sides either, which is a huge thumbs up for $120. i'm curious but at the same time 'designed in the USA' ? what does that mean, somewhere in the world there's a prototype for the bass you have that was manufactured in USA?

7. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    The overall design reminds me of the old SGC Nanyo Bass Collection basses from the late 80's/early 90's:
    [​IMG]

8. Punkster

Punkster

Feb 26, 2010
    Well, about the fretboard, i just measured it, 42mm on the Nut, and 62mm in the 24th fret, it doesn't feel wide for me, yes, i was actually checking on the frets, all frets look fine, there are no higher/lower frets (of course im not using professional tools), and the frets don't stick out of the fretboard, the wiring is not the best but i can work on it, it has some cheapy capacitors, im thinking of buying 2 p-bass wiring kits from guitarpartsresource or something, and some copper tape for shielding the cavities, this one has 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, that means, individual controls for each pickup :D (which i like cause im not a fan of the master tone knob)

9. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Nice. I wish companies would extend the top horns further for balancing purposes, though.

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice looking Bass. Congratulations!

11. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    That looks very nice. Congrats. Great to see a company from your area making nice basses.

12. I own a Strinberg CLB15A 5 Stringer
    Bought It yesterday; and the only reason I chose this over a DW 7000 double bass pedal, Is that the quality feels top notch.

13. That is the smallest headstock I've seen outside a steinberger.

14. Never heard of the brand, but it looks nice enough :)

15. Hey man, bumping this cause I have one too, I'm from Venezuela but I'm living in Spain, I brought my Strinberg with me to Spain (clb-25, same color as yours), I actually made a thread about it years ago http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/strinberg-owners-am-i-only-one-450247/

In case the OP, or any other (Venezuelan? Haha) who has one, my bridge is exactly like the one in the pictures and it seems they are all like that, but I can't possibly find the way to move the saddles forwards or backwards to adjust the intonation, I have a small allen wrench that fits into the holes on the saddles, but none of them seem to do anything? Maybe I'm stupid, but if anyone else can help me I'd really appreciate it.

16. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    lifting-baby.

17. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    It may be like the Spectors, i.e. there's no intonation screw, you just have to loosen the string (and on the Spector there's a hex nut on the side that you have to loosen too) and move the saddle around with your fingers (and on the Spector you then have to retighten the side hex nut too).

18. that was exactly it, thanks a lot! :hyper:

19. Draculea

Draculea

Oct 2, 2011
    Mexico City
    I also happen to own one of these basses too, but they are not made in Brazil, they are just distributed there to South Americ. These basses are actually made in China, but i've no idea whatsoever about which company makes them. Aparently, they give it a different name according to the country or continent of destination. I found a brand called Hartley Benton, which places the brand lettering on the same part of the bass, very similar font and the designs are exactly the same... even the price is similar.

20. Bump Again!

Yeah here in Europe, Thomann sells Harley Benton stuff and they have a bass that is physically exactly the same as the strinbergs. Not sure what that's about, but it's probably as you say, manufactured in China and sold with different names in different places. Although there's very little information available on Strinberg (even in their own website), I did find once on YouTube a video of their factory in Brasil, so it's all pretty mysterious haha.

I still have mine by the way, still love it (and still too broke to get anything better)