I picked up a Sunn B215....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Alexander, Jan 9, 2006.

1. And it's AWESOME :bassist: :bassist:

The sad thing is, I dont have a head for it. So I am running my 65 watt combo through it, but it sounds amazing. Its got 2 fairly new Black Widow 15" speakers in it.

:D :hyper: I am so happy :hyper: :D

p.s. No pics yet, my camera is having issues. They will be up soon.
  2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    15" Black Widows RULE!!! I'll bet that cab DOES sound good - pair it up with a good head, and prepare to rattle stuff off the walls...

- georgestrings
  3. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    ah crap...just wait for The Ox to see this thread
  4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Black widows are cool, but there's nothing like a Sunn cab loaded with JBLs. :cool:

5. I played on a Sunn 215 S today, it was an older cab that was unmarked on the front, but it sounded amazing. It was being pushed with a Sansamp foot pedal running into an Eden power amp. If I had a 210 to throw on top of that I would've been in heaven. The lows were just so smooth and nice. The Sansamp's overdrive was kind of cheesy sounding but the cab and power amp were spectacular. Congrats on your new purchase.
  6. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    I had one 20 years ago and still regret selling it. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
  7. nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    referring to thread title

Not by yourself, I reckon. :D
  8. Actually, yes. I paid $150 even for it.
  9. You picked up an awesome deal there!

Congrats, and have fun! :)
  10. he meant that it is so big that you need help to pick it up....
  11. titanic_tony

Aug 17, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    My Sunn 215S cab looks identical (w/Grill cloth removed) to that 215B.

12. Ah. Ive been a little slow lately:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing it up. Anyways, here is a pic of my cab. Its not even close to the shape that the Ox's is, but its not too bad.
  13. Oh yeah, how many watts can I push through this thing and still have my B not fart out or distort the speakers?
  14. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA

The SUNN 215 and the SUNN 300T ( Fender Pro 300 )head were made to go together, apparently this is a superb setup !!!! The SUNN 300T loves 15`s !!!!
  15. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Congrats on the grab! I love my Sunn 2x15 and now I will have a 300T on the way (sorry Traynor but Sunn's come first!)
  16. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I had a 215BH, the thing was absolutely brutal. I wish I still had it, but it was a bitch to move.

17. Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    The stock CTS woofers were rated at 85 watts RMS. I would not push it too hard!

Here's a pic of a brother of yours.

Attached Files:

18. Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Wow those look like nice cabs I WANT!!!
  19. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    He said his have black widows in it, so he'll be able to push quite a bit more power.

Also, CTS square-magnet speakers blow VERY easily. Be careful.

P.S. VERY nice P-bass.
  20. The reason I ask is I am trying to figure out what head I am going to buy. Would 300 (solid state) watts kill it?