I pierced my ear 5 days ago and it healed over the ball

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by danielfnj96, Apr 29, 2012.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    iChatImage1122579667.jpg

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Kinda like watching a slow-mo car wreck, innit? :eyebrow:

3. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Uh oh. Looks like its that time of the year again...

tCp90.gif

4. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

Jan 29, 2012
    NJ, USA
    how did we get here?

5. You know, you look awfully familiar, rr5025...

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    People have been piercing themselves with safety pins since punk broke out in the 70s, probably even before then. Its nothing new. Ive seen plenty of people do it without incident.

Letting the days go by...

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    When I was in middle school, think 1983-84, me and some buddies wanted to pierce the space between our knuckles. We started jabbing ourselves with safety pins. After a couple holes, we created this huge bloody mess all over the garage floor and decided to stop. We went back to rubbing off the skin on the back of our hands with pencil erasers.

-Mike

8. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    .....just before the winter of that year. Chicken noodling, being the chief industry at the time became much more precarious during the microwave depression of '47. "Chickens just don't noodle like they used to" was a popular slogan among the proles in the glockenspiel sector. Reginald Shicklegruber was only 26 at the time, but had made great progress in the synthesis of rubber elbow knees - therefore greasing the wheels of the Maytag Appliance revolt that took place on May 95th 11hundredpointthreetothesecondpower. With Vincent Poon, Hans Olos, and Mary Wana III backing up the working mutants, he lead the revolt through the streets of Freeport that summer and the streets were filled with protest as the microwaves had become obsolete self caricatures. Growing anxiety in the Hoponpop sector eventually lead the Grand Poobahs of Finance to sign the now historic Blackanddecker treaty in the fall of that year - thereby releasing the chickens and making safety pins an available commodity once more. Franklin Spicklespackle gathered a commission.....

9. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    As have I whippersnapper. You're not telling me anything new. Still doesn't make it a good idea, is all I am saying. I betcha he broke out the ciggie lighter to the tip of the safety pin too, you know....to sterilize it. :meh:

10. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ah, I just shivered thinking about the burnt tip of a safety pin poking through flesh, lol.
    Well, youre right, it doesnt make it a good idea. People play Russian Roulette all the time, too.

11. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    oh... safety pin job. just take it out and consider yourself lucky branding isn't cool again this spring.

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    With a one in 6 odds, why wouldn't ya? ;)

13. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Easiest hunnid I evah made.

Its too bad about Bernie, though.

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Cars don't have cigarette lighters anymore old man. I know them well because I burned off the tip of my finger on one checking to see if it worked when I was a kid. I've been on the lookout for them ever since.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    LOL! No ya old coot, I'm talking Zippos...you know...what them youngun' rapscallions keep in their dungarees' pocket.

16. Neither do tractors for some reason. I remember my grandpa always complaining about that... And plastic. He hated plastic.

17. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Hah, you're not the only one. I had a little swirly pattern on my thumb for weeks.

18. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    My 2007 Kia does. It might be the last car lighter in existence!