1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Played a Mike D!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Jul 21, 2004.

1. :D
    as I walked into the music store, I heard angels singing in the bass department, so I went through, and there was a bright yellow light.. and there it was. (likely) Overpriced in all it's glory.

a sunburst with white guard Mike D Sig. I didn't get to play it through a very top end amp, but it is the only P-bass I have played in years that I enjoyed, soundwise, but mainly playability. intonation was off, so I just did my best.
    harmonics were decent for not having a bridge pup, below the 3rd fret harmonics became harder to play. slapping and popping was fun and worked well for me, although I would've liked the strings a tidbit lower.
    i liked the neck, too. the last Pbass I played I didn't like it too much at all. Im a big fan of Ps and other bassist's sounds but I could never get that on a P. Yesturday I had a pretty damn good sound !
    the general sound was clear and punchy with some warmth. it does look good in person. :D
    build quality looked good and solid, i forgot to check the headstock, but I'm sure it was a CIJ.

sorry this isnt too indepth - i just wanted to brag to jasonbraatz. but i have this feeling he's gunna tell me hes bought a white 'yin and put a tort guard on it... :mad: :p

2. Yey! My excitement mounts. The Big MD should be here tomorrow or Friday. :hyper:

I'll use it at practice on Saturday and give you all a review. Yes, I will post pix this weekend. :)