Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I played a Rick 4001 today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PilbaraBass, Dec 9, 2004.

1. The neck felt really nice. And the sound was definitely unique (not sure if I liked it though). I also didn't like dealing with the cover over the bridge pickup.

Perhaps I can see how people can really get into these things. They're not really my cup of tea. But that's OK. At least I know now a little more about what they're all about.

2. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I would like to try one aswell,
    Also, you can take off the pickup cover.

3. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I currently have 6 Ricks and you are correct, they are not for everybody but if you can work with the sound, you can do some amazing things with the basses. I have only one bass that has the pickup cover still on it and it is a model 4000(single pickup) and it is completely different than the other 5.

4. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I'm still deciding between a rickenbacker 4001/4003, Spector Euro 4/5 and a musicman sterling.
    They all goes for the same price, about 700-800$ on the bay,
    i would like a ric but the resale value of them in sweden is not as good as the other 2, i haven't tried and wont get a chance to try any of them so i would like something i could get my money back on if i wouldn't like it.

5. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Ricks hold their value here and in the UK. If you elect to get one and don't like it, sell it across the continents and you should not havge nay trouble...