1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I played an MTD Kingston CRB yesterday...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlepre, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    ...and WOW! Nice bass for the money. It was a four string used, and if it had one more string it would have come hoe with me.

It had a very comfortable neck, and great low action. The sould was kind of HI-FI for a pbass, but very clean and seemed to be able to cut through a mix very well.

Plus it was light as a feather. I estimate around 8-9 pounds. It's at the Sam Ash on Rt 4 in Paramus for a nice price.

Just thought I would give my thoughts.

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't played the CRB. If it uses the same neck as the Artist 4, then yes, its an awesome neck! Best action of any of my basses..

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

Sounds like you need a special friend, not a bass!;):bag::D

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I have had my CRB 5 for over a year now.
    Great P 5 for the money. The only thing I would change on it would be a little wider nut.

7609817200_0d13a42fff.

5. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    @HDRACER - That is the exact bass I am eyeing. I like it alot better minus the pickguard. I actually LIKE the tighter spacing.

6. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    There is a used MTD Kingston CRB 4 string for sale at my local music store that I have been eyeing. Might have to try it out.

7. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Where is your store? This was really nice, but like I said it needed one more string. :)

8. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Montreal. For me, one more string would be one too many :D

9. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    ;)

10. Yurtra

Yurtra

Apr 26, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Mind me asking what store you found the MTD in? I'm also from Montreal and constantly on the prowl for new music stores to check out. :hyper:

11. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Not in the least... if you bought it I could stop thinking about it :D
    It's at Musi-Tec in Dorval. Right now they have it tagged at $350. I've played it and it is definitely mint. They have a few other interesting used items as well.
    I bought a used Peavey BXP Millenium last month from the same shop. They are very fair on their used stuff and usually willing to strike a deal. I can honestly say I am thrilled with the Peavey. They gave me what I think was a great price and it was very well set up and in great condition.
    Good shop, nice guys.

Here's a link to the store:

http://www.musi-tec.com/page8.html

And a link to the ad for the bass on Kijiji with pix. They had it at $400 in the ad but I noticed when I was in there today it was at $350.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...ael-Tobias-Design-CRB-Bass-W0QQAdIdZ384945128