I played my first skjold today !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 28, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Can we expect to see a greenburst Skjold soon? :D

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Not likely.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is really a sweet bass. I think it was originally made in the same batch as my first Skjold. Glad to see Pete's basses are getting some exposure. :cool:

5. +1... very cool basses, and the more recent executions are even better and IMO are up with the best of the best luthier's work (Stambaugh, Fodera, MTD, etc.).

The tone is unique... kind of 'beauty meets beast'.... clear, quick, tight, wide... but with a growl and punch that has just a bit of dirt in it to make the tone interesting. I never really heard another bass like it (talking about the newer models from the last batch with the custom East pre). These basses are also really lightweight, and don't sound that way at all IMO.

Really nice... I think the most recent batch will be shipping within a couple of months. I'm looking very forward to my ash body, bubingo top, birdseye maple 5 string to arrive:hyper:

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    It still makes me sad this bass became fretted, it was such a sweet fretless :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021