1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I played one

Discussion in 'Barker Bass Forum' started by KeithPas, Nov 12, 2005.

1. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I attended the NW Worship Conference near Seattle and had a chance to play a Barker Bass. What treat, I played a five string lined fretless with tapewound strings and two Basslines jazz pickups with passive tone control. The bass was easy for me to play, had a woderfully full and clear B string, produced electric fretless like tone with the tone pot boosted and the bridge pickup favored and a very convincing upright sound with the tone pot dimmed a bit and the neck pickup favored. The quality and workmanship of the Barker is top rate and I plan on saving my money to get one some time in the near future.

2. Scwwitt

Scwwitt

Nov 2, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    interesting, I have never played one with tape wound stings. I can only imagine that its amazing. I played them with roundwound and they were incredible.

3. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I can not emphasize enough how much fun it was to play the Barker fretless five. The notes blossomed nicely much like an upright but I could still get the Jaco tone by playing back by the bridge with the bridge pickup favored and the tone pot boosted.