1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i-pod man rocks out at mac store

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Barker, May 8, 2006.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  2. Wow I always thought about doing that but haven't gotten around to it, look slike someone beat me to the punch. It's incredible how no one even bats an eye at him. Thumbs up to that guy though.

3. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Thats me.

4. I thought that shadowy figure looked familiar

5. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    I love how he drops the i-pod in the middle. :)

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    That's funny.

Are they still doing those ads? I thought that whole campaign was kinda stupid.

7. Are you kidding?!?!? That campaign is brilliant in every way! If you get into advertising you will understand.

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    It didn't make me want to buy an ipod. In fact, it made me dislike Ipods. Therefore, it didn't work.

9. I didn't say it would work on Canadians...

:D :p

10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I found this hilarious...

For the first minute or so I was almost in tears; but as it kept on going, it got old.

Awesome video though!

11. so how is it brilliant? it didn't make me want an ipod...it just made me wonder what i would look like as a shadowy figure...

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Well, the whole point of commercials is to get you to remember the product, not necessarily like them. So technically, they did work. Anyway, the vid was decent, but I think that guy stole my moves.

13. its probably some inside joke with the apple advertisement department. it probably makes all of them despretly want iPods. too bad it dosnt work on the rest of us

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it definitely was on the long side.

but from the vantage point of those involved, you'd want to see how long you could keep it going before you got kicked out.