I put a Salas bass on hold!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsonnenblick, Apr 23, 2001.

1. After agonizing for a week or so, I finally put a Salas 5-string bass on hold at bassalone.com.

Here's a link to the site's picture of the bass:

I'll be paying in full as soon as a Musicman Sterling I have on bassgear.com gets sold.

So now I'm freaking out a little; I love the Sterling, so I'm trading away something I know I like (plus another $200) for an unknown quantity.

Still, it looks like a _cool_ unknown quantity. . . my fave part is the pickup configuration: 2 humbuckers, each individually tappable, plus 3-band EQ. I'm looking for the most versatility I can get out of one bass.

I'll post a review as soon as I get the Salas, which should be next week.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Congrats, Jordan! Hope you didn't feel I was trying to "sell" you. It just seemed like a good buy. If it should turn out to be unsatisfactory for some reason, I hope you have the ability to return it, (somehow, I doubt you will).

Look forward to your review. Profile updates are so satisfying when you ADD a piece.
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, if John DiMaggio likes them, they can't be too bad. :) Let us know what it's like.
  4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    What kind of sterling? I'm looking for one actually...

(what options/colors)
  5. Sorry, CrawlingEye. I just sold the Sterling (sunburst/rosewood) for cash.

I also paid in full for the Salas.

I'm dying to hear this bass. . . John DiMaggio told me its sound tends toward the hi-fi Alembic/Ken Smith side of the tone spectrum, which is great for me, because I have 2 Fenders, and am looking for something way different!