1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I put a Salas bass on hold!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsonnenblick, Apr 23, 2001.

1. After agonizing for a week or so, I finally put a Salas 5-string bass on hold at bassalone.com.

Here's a link to the site's picture of the bass:

http://www.bassalone.com/salascanary5.html

I'll be paying in full as soon as a Musicman Sterling I have on bassgear.com gets sold.

So now I'm freaking out a little; I love the Sterling, so I'm trading away something I know I like (plus another $200) for an unknown quantity.

Still, it looks like a _cool_ unknown quantity. . . my fave part is the pickup configuration: 2 humbuckers, each individually tappable, plus 3-band EQ. I'm looking for the most versatility I can get out of one bass.

I'll post a review as soon as I get the Salas, which should be next week.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Congrats, Jordan! Hope you didn't feel I was trying to "sell" you. It just seemed like a good buy. If it should turn out to be unsatisfactory for some reason, I hope you have the ability to return it, (somehow, I doubt you will).

Look forward to your review. Profile updates are so satisfying when you ADD a piece.

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, if John DiMaggio likes them, they can't be too bad. :) Let us know what it's like.

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    What kind of sterling? I'm looking for one actually...

(what options/colors)

5. Sorry, CrawlingEye. I just sold the Sterling (sunburst/rosewood) for cash.

I also paid in full for the Salas.

I'm dying to hear this bass. . . John DiMaggio told me its sound tends toward the hi-fi Alembic/Ken Smith side of the tone spectrum, which is great for me, because I have 2 Fenders, and am looking for something way different!