1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I put it back together...for the most part.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I was tooling around with my new bass (screwdriver in hand) when I decided to look under the pick guard. I ended up taking the pick up off the pick guard, and had difficulty putting it back together.

I managed to put it back together, but without the springs.

Also there might be a 10% chance that I put the pickups in upside down.:bag: It won't implode or blow something right?

2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    No explosions.

3. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

Don't be tempted to use that screwdriver on anything that runs on 120 vac, if a pickguard is a challenge.

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    what kind of bass?

if it was a fender-style, with pickups that slip up into plastic covers, you're probably fine; the pickup wires are attached to the bottom plates, so it would have been pretty hard to flip them over (stretching out the wires) then try to jam those wires up against the insides of the covers.

if not, if the pickups were one piece, they would look really weird upside-down.

either way, you need those springs to push the pickups up so that they're close enough to the strings to sound right.