1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I ran a 5 minute mile today!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by James reeve5, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Well not in 5 minutes exactly...actually it was 4:57... :rolleyes:

2. w00t!

congrats...

Carb-o bars on me:rolleyes: :D

I can't run 1 mile in 5 hours...

:)

-Jon:oops:

3. My best time was 3.5km (about 2 miles I'd say) in like 11 minutes. I jog a bit, but I don't run :)

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I ran a mile in 9:15 once...

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Awesome, that's a pretty darn good time.

I think my best was 6:30-40s or something around there.

I remember back in middle school running a mile was such torture, at least they made it such a big deal, then by the time I got to high school I realised I mile is not that much, I mean sure it's a long enough distance, but it really isn't as bad as it was made out to be in MS, My first time backpacking we did a total of 30 miles, I thought that was insane, but now, 30 miles is like childs play.(well not quite, but have since done a backpacking trip at over 100 miles at +10000 ft, pretty much the whole time)

Congrats on the mile though, pretty darn good.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I ate a chocolate-covered chocolate donut in about five minutes today-think I qualify for some sort of scholarship? My dad is 55, and he is in such better shape than I am. He regularly goes on 60 mile bike rides, and biked over 80 miles one day last year. Congrats on your speed though; now you have to train to be a pickpocket.

7. DAMMMMNNNNN!! You must have been moving like Speedy Gonzales to get a mile in less than 5 minutes. The best mile ive ever done was in like 8 minutes. If I ran any faster than that I would most likely puke.

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I ran a mile in 6:30 back in eighth grade, but haven't run a timed mile since. I seriously doubt I could break the seven minute mark if I tried to run one now.

9. I remember at one point I could run a mile in about 5:40, but that was back in about 9th or 10th grade. Since I haven't had to do it in PE since then, and I'm too lazy to go running myself, I probably can't break the 7 minute mark anymore.

I take solace in the fact that I'm a sprinter, though. :p
    Without training, I managed to run 200m in something like 25.5 seconds. I'd like to think that if my school was more serious about training the track team, I could've done much much better, and our school could've been in division B instead of C. :bawl:
    Oh well.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I jog but I'm not into the speed thing at all. As long as I keep my heart rate up for an extended period I'm cool. Usually jog from 3 to 5 miles.

brad cook

11. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jeez...last time I ran the mile was my sophomore year, and I ran it in like 9:30ish. Not bad when you realize I'm a big lug.

Not sure what I'd do now. Probably 12 minutes or some shamefully high number.... :( But, I'm working on it.

12. i knew a kid who got that in 2nd grade......