I ran two systems at the same time... Whao!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jan 13, 2002.

1. I tried something new at a gig last night, I split my bass' signal and ran two systems at the same time just to fool around with. One was my normal system Ampeg SVT-3 PRO and SWR Golliath jr. III cab along with a fender frontman 10" speaker guitar combo. With my normal setup I ran my usual low-mid boosted signal and on the guitar combo I put a smilie face eq with cut mids and pumped bass and treble and distorted it on some songs. It was great especially with the distortion, I kept my lows and mids but I had a great crunching distortion. I have a whole new idea on what I want for my big rig. Two systems :( .
  2. Isn't this the basis of the Billy Sheehan's sound? Looks like you discovered a good idea.
  3. it was originally used by Chris Squire from Yes...Robert Deleo (STP) does the same thing with a vintage fender bassman (1x15 speaker) and a marshall guitar head and an 8x10 keyboard cab...
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, by the above replies looks like your in good company. You should record something with that set up and post it.
  5. OK, that sounds resonable enough. I'll find a friend that has a few mics and start my recording. Allot of people have been pushing me to start recording. I guess it's as good a time as any to start... The down side is that the guitar combo is really loud and has a really sick, bullet in your head tone that is just up in your face. But the 2x10 and bass head goes farther out into the crowd so it's pretty useless live, but in the studio it sounds fun.
  6. This would be much better live... Sorry to bump this up, but as any self respecting nerd I like to show off my work. And I like the attention.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
  7. sounds like a lot of fun!!!