Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I really don't have a use for this, but...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jul 26, 2005.

1. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    That looks awesome! I bet the pricetag makes it very undesireable, but either way I still bet it's awesome.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'd probably stare at the light the entire time and lose my palce in the song...

-jimbo

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I love when organ players use rotary speakers. I wonder if would sound just as cool on a bass. I'd probably rather use a real rotary speaker though.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Roland's COSM technology is great, compared to a real Leslie, a Hammond vs. a Roland "organ", the difference is quite subtle.

5. - I'd give you my E-bow plus(plus some batteries, & if you act now, I'll throw in 5 rolls of genuine duct tape). ;)

Seriously, that is a cool-looking pedal. I love rotary effects, though I don't know if it would be a very useable sound for me.

6. make it six and you've got a deal...;)

hey, it says that it has overdrive, so maybe my excuse to buy it is for the overdrive! :D

7. What are these things worth?

8. Hey, that pedal may not be so useless for bass!

Ever heard Duff's bass at the beginning of GNR's "Civil War"?

Yes it could be a chorus or fast, light flange, but to me it is remniscent of a Leslie unit, albeit a very "subtle" sound, which isn't always so bad!

You have to listen very carefully though.........but that type of effect is definately there....

So, there is an excuse to get one! :cool: :) :smug: :eyebrow: