I really HATE everyone right now.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    It is Saturday. My mother is Seventh Day Adventists which means Saturday is her Sabbath and she won't labor from sundown friday to sundown saturday.

She says she doesnt want me going to David and Daniels house on saturdays so my band can practice. I say fine, and we start practicing on Sundays.

What does she do ever saturday with my sister?

So now I am supposed to be at practice right now because we were gonna record.

I really doubt their intelligence at the moment.

Edit by Jazzbo: We DO NOT accept derogatory comments or terms in any context. This is a HUGE pet peeve, so if you want to stay on my good side, you'll quit using derogatory terms in your language. You may get away with it in your everyday life, but it WILL NOT be tolerated here.
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Peoples faith and religions are stupidity even though sometimes they seem to be.

Of course there are exceptions in the cases of cults, extreemist and things like that, but you cant hold it against your parents that they believe they shouldn't work on those days.

3. Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Oh relax. It ain't so bad. I'm not sure, but I don't think people hear on TalkBass want to hear you're complaining. Maybe thats why your mom won't let you practice on Saturdays, you complain to much. just a thought. My band has an even worse problem, our lead guitarist has horrible grades and his mom grounds him during the week, then she says she might ground him on the weekends when grades come out. Our other guitar/ singer works most of the week and we can never get a hold of him. So you will manage some kind of time to practice. Why not week days?
  4. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    She lets my sister take care of her horse on saturday. That is labor. Playing music isnt.

We are in high school. We have homework. Limited free-time. Weekends are our only escape, and my idiot mom and step-dad always manage to leave to the ***** horse without telling or asking me if i need to go anywhere.

See my above post! DO NOT EVER use these terms at TB again. EVER.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My advice, rebel. I personally think organized religion is stupid, though I am not an atheist, but if this turns into a religion thread it will be shut down damn fast. So uhhh, I dunno. I'd talk with your mom about this, suggesting she isn't a jerk about it, say that you feel it is unfair. Ok, I'm done.
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    dude, i feel ur pain kinda...

my parents are also being a**es, but not about music...they are being ***** about me going to the movies with my g/f....they will bring me not not pick me because they wanna watch the Eagles/Falcons game

Personally, I really don't care what terms the younger generation is using, and think acceptable, as these terms ARE NOWHERE CLOSE TO ACCEPTABLE and I will treat all future cases severely and strictly. This is in no way remotely close to a joke.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If I were you, I'd burn the house down, then strip naked, rub mayonnaise on my chest and do a tribal chant. Afterwards, I'd sob uncontrollably. That always works for me.
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Woodchuck- Man, please dont describe things like that so detailed, I pictured that in my mind way to well!!:eek:
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  10. Sinker

Dec 4, 2002
    Newark, DE USofA
    How do you know the horse is gay?

Just curious.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Please don't tell us how you know the horse is gay... please.
  12. Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV

I've found myself doing that many times...
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I was wondering the same thing but decided Id be better off not knowing.

I also think he might find the words you use to describe his sexual preference particularly offensive and would rather you left his sexual preference out of the conversation completely.

14. Agreed.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have an idea. let's stop using the term "gay" to mean "stupid" or "lame" or otherwise "undesirable", m'kay? sounds like the freakin' middle school shortbus crowd around here. :rolleyes:
  16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Oh, to be young and have such problems again.:rolleyes:
  17. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    You should stop and think rashonally for a minute of a couple of things.

The 1st being that you still get to rehearse on Sundays, so I dont see why you're so upset.

The 2nd being a horse is a living breathing creature that is a huge responsability and needs to be tended to. Maybe Saturday is the one day that your mom has the most free time to spend with you're sister tending to the horse, I really dont know. But you are still at least getting to rehearse so what if its not on Saturdays like you would prefer. Welcome to real life where most times things dont go your way. *thats not meant to be taken rudly or as a shot at you, so please dont think that* Its just friendly advice.

BTW, JT, love your baby pic in your avatar
    ;) :D

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
  19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I agree.

If there are any homosexuals or peopel who are friends with homosexuals around these forums they might not apreciate that, and take great offense to that.

20. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    i find it odd that someone would call a horse gay.... i dont think ive ever heard of a truly gay horse. even tho its meant to be an insult, its still weird. calling humans gay to be insulting is one thing.....to animals, i dunno bout that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.