Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i really need to become a suporting member

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Well, it's been over two years I have been on this site, but never have supported yet. And I really would like to support the site, I cant afford $20 though (isn't it more because I'm Canadian?), It would be ideal if I could get a job (over two years looking so far) and still no luck in this one horse town. I dunno, I was hoping that some of you guys would have some advice or ideas that would cheer me up a bit because I feel bad for not supporting the site I visit the most often and gain the most from......

2. Are there no jobs at all?

No paper routes, depertment store openings???

As for to cheer you up? That'll cost ya $20 :D :rolleyes:

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

4. Josh, think; selective walking :D

5. im not aloud to get a paper route, really, its stupid because im 16 and cant get a job that 8 year olds get, my parents wont let me, but yeah i have over 50 resumes around town here and i call for jobs to make sure they always have me in mind, but so far no chances:( i have no other way to get money either, my parents wont give me anything other then lunch money, but i cant save it they say "either use it for lunhc or give it back" so its pretty darn frustrating, and its embarassing to always be broke, the little money i manage to make doing odd jobs barly gets me by, and nobody (especially my parents) will help me get a job, its not like i have a reason for not being employed, im clean cut, extremely motivated, never argue, will do anything when asked, pretty smart, great people skills, pretty good at computer stuff, etc. so im like an ideal employee, but i just dont ever get a chance to show what i can do:(

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    don't you get an allowance? wow, that sucks.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I'm intrigued.

Are you still at school or do you go to college?

What reasons do your parents give you for not having a paper round?

Please note this is not a prelude to 'slag a parent session'

8. What about getting into a band, and go for gigs?

I know I'd rather do small paying (at least) gigs than any other kind of work!

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    dude don't feel bad, i should feel worse....i have a job, make +100 bucks a week and still don't support..

just keep looking...something will open up...

by the way....its not that i don't want to support, its just that i am always busy, or when im not busy thats not on my mind....but i promise within a month...

bp13

10. im in high school, yeah i go around wearing a suit and tie and do my hair all nice and go in all professional to any place i can find that seems like they may hire me, my parents are buttplugs thatys why they wont give me allowance or help me get a job at all, they have never driven me anywhere for a drive and i had to pay for everything i own, cept like christmas presents, rarely a birthday present or anything else though, they are just all into, we give you verbal and mental love and support, nothing else, had to pay for drivers ed myself, wich is 630 dollars here, had to sold my dune buggy to my dad to pay for it, wich my dad bought easily, but i took a lon time to buy my old dune buggy. one thing that really burns my crotch (sorry stupidmatt) is that my parents have their own business! and wont hire me unless they need me and they arnt losing much money, like if they want me to travel 250 kilometers and work for 3 hours thats 15 dollars. :rolleyes:

11. bump

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good Luck! Your not being to picky in choosing the places you want to work at right? (I cooked breakfast through three years of college). Sometimes you have to take the crap job first, then move to something better.

13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    WHen you can afford it, donate. If you can't, don't worry about it. Just keep reading and participating.

14. No chance of getting into a band?

McD's and BK are usually hiring, and supermarkets...

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    ACME

bp13

16. NEVER work at a fast food joint. I did my time in a BK.

17. OTOH, it's money. Not *that* bad either, IIRC.

It is a pretty crap job admittedly. But it would spur you onto bigger and better things.

Like me; "man, this is crap, I'm never gonna work like this again, I'm gonna make all my money through music!"

NB: It hasn't worked for me yet. But money through music is looking closer than ever now.

18. well, if you get into a working band, its HELL OF a lotta fun! and Can pay ok !!

£100 bux a week playing local bars and clubs !