1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I REALLY, REALLY (!) need to vent.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Salamenster, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    oh I feel your pain ... I did the same ... some stuff can't be unheard

2. priceless!

3. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Kinda harsh dude. Its a classic rock cover band. Give 'em a break, if you can't say something nice...etc etc. All that crap you already know.

4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    The Song !!! not the band !!! god ... it is FREEBIRD

5. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    I repeat, it's a cover band. They play what people want. In my experience the bands that are unafraid to play cliches do well.
    I don't personally enjoy playing covers, but I won't knock anyone making money doing it.

6. In many pre-employment situations the company (in this case the band you want to join) accomplishes a passive sorting by doing nothing and seeing who takes initiative, responds with a formal or informal follow up immediately after the interview, and in the following 1-2 week period (but no later) after the interview, etc. If none then the candidate may be or is dropped, depending on other factors. I've seen this done as standard over decades.

In this case, however, the way you're presenting it, it sounds different from that. Not sure how to interpret this for you, actually.

7. I think you would have a bad experience playing in a band with someone on whom you can't turn your back. Better to find dependable people.