1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I really, reallyl want...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IbanezATK, Apr 18, 2009.

1. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    a Spector NS-2-JA-R.

My wife won't let me buy one until we

1. Move into our new place.

2. Purchase a new SUV for her.

Somebody please buy a NS-2-JA-R in natural, and a NS-2-JA-R in black and hang on to them. I should be able to purchase them in the next couple of months :bassist:

2. If she gets a new SUV, you should be able to spend just as much on yourself!

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    ha man i am 19 and i really dont see the perks of marriage if i want something well i buy it , i'll probably end uo getting divoriced:)

4. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    SUV? Unnecessary.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Pull out the "If you get a 20k SUV, I get a 2k bass".

If that doesnt work, too bad. I highly doubt anyone here on TB is going to buy them, then sell them to you in a few months.

Thats crazy man! :eek:

6. Mike151

Mike151

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    There's one up for sale on TB.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7267578
    I say buy it and take her SUV shopping.
    I go through the same crap but I just buy what I want and then ask her what she wants for her cash retaliation. Last time it was a Chinchilla. Not the coat, but the pet with the cage, accessories, etc.. That thing ended up costing me half the price of my SWR rig. Oh well, she doesn't bitch about what I spent on my rig. :)

7. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    I should just man up and buy the basses, but we really need to get moved in to our house, and we need a 7 passenger vehicle so we don't have to take 2 vehicles every where we go *we have FIVE kids*

When the time is right, I'll get the basses. I am in LOVE with those re-issue Spectors!

8. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    Eh my wife is great. When you are 36 and not 19 you'll see the perks of marriage ;)

If I had to choose, as hard as it would be, I'd never pick up a bass again and choose my wife!

9. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    This is the second marriage for both of us... I have 3 kids and she has 2... the SUV is pretty much a necessity!

10. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    On the bright side... you can skin the Chinchilla and sell it and buy gear with it :bassist:

I don't think I could get much for my wife's handbags or shoes... but you never know...

If you see any handbags or shoes on ebay... you know I'm trying to raise money for my Spectors :bassist:

11. mkrtu9

mkrtu9 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I just bug the hell out of my wife until she tells me to do whatever I want! So my advise.... bug the hell out of her.

12. Mike151

Mike151

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    Now that is some funny #%@#!
    There are some great perks to being married.
    I wouldn't trade my wife for the world!

13. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I laughed pretty hard at the chinchilla comment. :D

14. better buy the bass and not tell her. Do it before the SUV gets purchased, because if gas prices go back up, your disposable income will shrink.

15. Get a Mini-Van over an SUV. SUV's are the devil. :rollno:

But still, it's all give and take right? ;) :ninja:

16. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Get used to this phrase my friend...you will be hearing this for decades to come.

17. dbthump

dbthump

Mar 20, 2009
    Tampa
    With 5 kids you ain't kidding, you need some kinda wagoneer! Then again with 5 kids you don't need a $2K bass just because, but you know this. If you're carrying monthy credit debt and only paying minimums then it's outta the question. We all really really want. Hell, I'm playing into a PC, out via an old stereo receiver, listening w/headphones cuz I can't afford an amp. :bawl: At least you got an amp.

You do have an amp right...