1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I really wanted to win this neck.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    yeah that neck is pretty sick.. I got lucky with a Squier neck believe it or not for a project that has killer flame.

Its just luck of the draw I guess.

I know at my local GC there is a Squier VM Pbass that has the sickest flamed neck I have ever seen but... The neck is fubared truss rod doesnt work, and its got some serious bow. I was going to buy the bass just to get that neck. I mean it was seriously FLAME CITY. It was jaw dropping and here it was sitting on a $250 bass.

2. DutchDude

DutchDude

Sep 12, 2007
    Gues I got lucky to, the neck of my squier precision got a very cool figured maple with tigerstripes, to bad I don't have a camera or I would have made a few pictures and showed you

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I can't imaging spending that much for an aftermarket neck when I can buy a whole bass for that much money. Now if it was an original P-bass neck from say the '70s, I might consider it.

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    well in reality a highly flamed neck with fretboard from any aftermarket house would be in the 300-400 range.

Also in reality a 70s Fender neck well check ebay.. For reality pricing.

:)

5. +1 Werd! :)

6. Huh, a niche market for vintage aftermarket parts. Yikes, that is kinda shocking.

Browsing around on the Warmoth site recently, I found myself asking what happened to the "economy" aspect of building one's own parts bass?

Choose the nicer stuff (and it really does look nice), and before you know it you're in the $1500 zone. Which for that price, I'd be forced to do a reality check, and opt for a nice used booteek bass instead.