Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I respect you all!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I'm going to buy either a t-40 with Christmas money or another MIM Jazz and just upgrade the pups with the left over money. I'd be buying a Sansamp if I got a t-40. I'm running into a Ampeg BA210sp

So,

spend $500 on sansamp/T-40 (Which I absolutley love the feel and sound of)

or

spend the $500 on a hand-selected MIM Jazz and swap the pups and maybe scrounge for a dredgetone angler.

Give me opinions and please don't tell me to just go steal because I've considered trying to ask to play a sansamp at GC and then pocket it and try to escape.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I think you already answered your own question with this quote:

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    very true. You have answered your own question. You need to lookm for YOUR tone. That's all the really matters. It's kinda like a car. I drive a slightly rusty truck. I love it. I don't know if I can even sell the thing. But that's just how it is. You like the tone, go with it. I definitely love the sansamp. I havent played the t40 myself, but if it works for you, then go for it.

4. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    But I'm okay with the feel of a MIM J, I just don't know how it would sound or if it would surpass the sound of a t-40 if it had upgraded pups.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    go to a music store and a/b the two. Let your ears decide. Check on used also!

6. Hmm, maybe you could steal it.

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

No matter what you choose, please change your signature.

8. i say spend the 500 on a down payment for a brain :rolleyes:

9. t40!

10. corky st. clair

corky st. clair

Apr 22, 2003
    do you even need a good preamp?