I respect you all!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I'm going to buy either a t-40 with Christmas money or another MIM Jazz and just upgrade the pups with the left over money. I'd be buying a Sansamp if I got a t-40. I'm running into a Ampeg BA210sp

spend $500 on sansamp/T-40 (Which I absolutley love the feel and sound of)

spend the $500 on a hand-selected MIM Jazz and swap the pups and maybe scrounge for a dredgetone angler.

Give me opinions and please don't tell me to just go steal because I've considered trying to ask to play a sansamp at GC and then pocket it and try to escape.
  2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I think you already answered your own question with this quote:

3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    very true. You have answered your own question. You need to lookm for YOUR tone. That's all the really matters. It's kinda like a car. I drive a slightly rusty truck. I love it. I don't know if I can even sell the thing. But that's just how it is. You like the tone, go with it. I definitely love the sansamp. I havent played the t40 myself, but if it works for you, then go for it.
  4. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    But I'm okay with the feel of a MIM J, I just don't know how it would sound or if it would surpass the sound of a t-40 if it had upgraded pups.
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    go to a music store and a/b the two. Let your ears decide. Check on used also!
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

No matter what you choose, please change your signature.
  7. i say spend the 500 on a down payment for a brain :rolleyes:
  8. corky st. clair

corky st. clair

Apr 22, 2003
    do you even need a good preamp?