Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I respectfully request your opinion on a Warwick Thumb...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xavieronasis, May 30, 2005.

1. xavieronasis

xavieronasis

May 30, 2005
    I've got a lead on a 1992 5 string, neck-thru Warwick Thumb bass for 1900 bucks. Looks to be in good condition and comes with a hard case. If you were looking to purchase a 5 string Thumb, would this price sound like a good deal to you?

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    not...looks too expensive :ninja:

3. Looks expensive to me too, i checked basscentral for you and they have a 2001 5 string NT thumb w/ gold HW for 1799, although it only comes with a gigbag i still think that would be the better deal. I'd prefer buying from a well known dealer anyway...

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I got my thumb NT4 with ebony board for 1400 in about new condition.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd buy it if they gave me $1895 in change.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I respectfully say that I wouldn't spend that much money on a bass that looks like someone left it sitting on a hot radiator for too long.

7. Being that old(probably)means it was built in a smaller shop, w/more attention to detail from fewer hands. My experience w/Warwick is that in about '98-'99 the quality dropped considerably(opinon). Also, though I loved my bolt-on Thumb 4, the 4 or 5 different 5 string Thumbs(also bolt-on)I went through didn't even compare. They were all neck-heavy, too narrow, had one sound. And $1900 seems pretty high.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes being a 1992 it is probably nice, but not $1900 nice.