1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I respectfully request your opinion on a Warwick Thumb...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xavieronasis, May 30, 2005.

1. xavieronasis

xavieronasis

May 30, 2005
    I've got a lead on a 1992 5 string, neck-thru Warwick Thumb bass for 1900 bucks. Looks to be in good condition and comes with a hard case. If you were looking to purchase a 5 string Thumb, would this price sound like a good deal to you?

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    not...looks too expensive :ninja:

3. Looks expensive to me too, i checked basscentral for you and they have a 2001 5 string NT thumb w/ gold HW for 1799, although it only comes with a gigbag i still think that would be the better deal. I'd prefer buying from a well known dealer anyway...

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I got my thumb NT4 with ebony board for 1400 in about new condition.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd buy it if they gave me $1895 in change.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I respectfully say that I wouldn't spend that much money on a bass that looks like someone left it sitting on a hot radiator for too long.

7. Being that old(probably)means it was built in a smaller shop, w/more attention to detail from fewer hands. My experience w/Warwick is that in about '98-'99 the quality dropped considerably(opinon). Also, though I loved my bolt-on Thumb 4, the 4 or 5 different 5 string Thumbs(also bolt-on)I went through didn't even compare. They were all neck-heavy, too narrow, had one sound. And $1900 seems pretty high.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes being a 1992 it is probably nice, but not $1900 nice.