Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I ripped out the battery connector on my Conklin

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Feb 20, 2004.

1. ok, my battery for the active electronics and pups died, and as I was removing the battery I pulled too hard and the part that plugs onto the battery ripped off. It would be easier to explain if I could show pics, but can't untill later, so hopefully you know what im talking about. Is there a way I can repair this on my own? Or do I have to take it to a shop?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sure, you can run to Radio Shack and get a bag of 5 battery clips for about $2.50, solder one in... but you'll have to replace it all the way to the board, not hard, match red to red, black to black and stop pulling so hard. But if you break it again you'll have 4 more :p

3. Thanks, but I didn't pull out the wire, just the part that connects to the battery. I will run to Radio Shack right now and get to it.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Still need to replace the whole thing. They're harder to fix than to replace, and the price is just about the same.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yep, the shack. What little they have for guitar electronics is so cheezie it's makes me shudder to walk through the door but will have to second the motion on their clips. I have had no trouble with them and they're much stouter than most clips that come in basses. I'd just clip the wires to the old one wherever you felt comfortable and solder the new clip to them. You can even wire nut them if you've got the space - but I'd solder them.