I saw a crow today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Sep 2, 2003.

1. For the first time in over a year. They used to be all over, but ever since that west nile crap came along, they all disapeared. (read:died)

I saw a crow!!!!!!!!!! They're making a comback. The roadkill has just been sitting in the road, but not anymore!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yay!! I saw about 50 today! WOOT!
  3. Crow stole my bottle cap once , little punk.
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have a thread about this in the (hoity-toity) Lobby.

Here in SE Michigan, I haven't seen or heard any crows in almost 2 years. It is odd, though I found crows annoying too.
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Did it try and read you a poem and/or beat you up?
  6. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea, I saw that movie.

I liked it.
  7. Isn't it bad luck if yuo see a crow?:confused:
  8. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Gawwwd I hope not. They're everywhere over here. I think you're confusing them with black cats (which is actually a sign of GOOD luck in my parent's native Italy - go figure).
  9. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Here in Alabammy we've got crows galore. Crows everywhere. I did see an eagle a few days ago, it was sitting on a fence post. :cool:
  10. crows are awesome birds, too bad they're scavengers...it taints them in my eyes..
  11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    In a sense I applaud them for being scavangers. They're part of a vast clean-up crew. Most animals in the wild are scavengers, it's much less dangerous to happen upon an already dead animal than to have to hunt for one. It's about being opportunistic and having an instinct to survive.

And not to hijack the thread.... I think crows are pretty cool, them and ravens.
  12. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I saw a black crow flying in a blue sky.
  13. We've got loads of crows here, they hang out with the Magpies and Jackdaws!
  14. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    P. Aaron's lounge thread got me to noticing that crows seem about as abundant as ever in these parts -- and West Nile is very much present here -- go figure.
  15. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    we have tons of crows along with their crap on my hood and windshield.

16. aha...see, me and mr Zebraface once noted a crow like bird singing along to 'Saturday by Ludacris'....

17. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    Out here in Californy we got tons of crows,but today I saw a flock of geese flying south.Looks like we're headed for an early fall.Bring it on!!
    (I hate the heat)