1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I saw Agent Orange on Wed.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Apr 21, 2006.

1. One word.

Wow.

The best part: Small crowd,met band,autographs.

I was 2 feet away from the bass player,I don't remember his name,but he was/is in JFA,playing a Gibson Thunderbird through an I-don't-know.

Very good sound,very good show,very good night!

And for those who don't know,Agent Orange is an older punk band from California.

2. Older, you say? Dude, they're old- older than me- I mean, dirt.:eek:

3. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    *** ? where were they playing ? I wanna go !

4. My band plays Bloodstains sometimes.

5. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    SQUEEEEEE!!! I am so in envy of you!

The very first punk I ever heard was Agent Orange. I have been hooked ever since.

That was 1977 or so. A friend's big brother brought a bunch of punk albums home from college, and Agent Orange was the first one we played. I was a freshman in high school.

Cherie :)

6. Now you all are going to be really jealous, $5 to get in.
    :bag:

Man,they are really good.

7. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    $5??? Aw, maaannnnn!!! If they ever come to Austin, dude, I am SO there!

I turned my son onto them. He's got one of their songs featured on his MySpace.

Cherie :)

8. Kickass band. I haven't seen them is several years- but here's Mike playing my guitar back in 93-

3472_p52854.

Is Sam still playing bass for them? I know he was doing the Dick Dale thing.

9. Great band... I've seen them 6 or 7 times. Very approachable after the show, which is really cool. First heard them while listening to "Rodney on the ROQ" in So. Cal many years ago while visiting my Mom. Have the "Living in Darkness" CD in my car. I think I'll pop it in on the way home from work.

10. Awsome band :)

11. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    That was the name of my second band back in the late 70's...well my agent orange went no where theirs did:crying: Belive it or not i also striped my first guitar with some old pin striping in various sizes my dad had back then a few years latter some band named Van Halen had some dude who took that idea from me also...true story:crying: