Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I saw an amazing bass today.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Mar 5, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Today I was working on some stuff for the Ministry Fair at my church with my youth minister, when he told me to check out this bass that his store is selling. It's the Nikki Sixx Gibson Blackbird bass. Oh man, it's one amazing guitar indeed. After we were done working at the church he brought me over to the store and let me check it out, it's so awesome. I've never seen any "high end" basses in person before, so it was kind of cool. If I had the cash, I would be all over this one.

(eBay link deleted - you're too close to this one, this could be taken as shilling for your friend)

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeah and if I had the money, I'd buy a Valenii bass. :D

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    isn't it Valentini?

a Nikki Sixx at church.. amen to that, brother!

4. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I remember at one time those were selling new for $700, that's probably what they are actually worth. I just couldn't have a bass without volume or balance controls.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Save your money. You can get more bang for the buck with some of the higher end imports e.g Ibanez, Lakland Skyline, G&L Tribute, Spector, etc. Be patient and talk with some of your fellow TBers. Please remember that UPS comes to your door even in West Virginia.

Gibson basses are kinda like cancers; they're really interesting but I wouldn't want to have one.

BTW, what part of WV do you call home?

Riis

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Or you could drive to MD or VA depending on where you're located in WVA and check out many of the basses that people on here seem to oggle over. You could call it a retreat, come to VA and pray in Guitar Center while playing the gear :).

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I initially bought the bass for $700 when they were first discontinued. Wasn't satisfied at first, very neck heavy, single tone. Shipped it back. Got my refund.

Then I joined a great metal band, needed a T-Bird for recording, wish I woulda held onto my Sixx. If not for recording, at least to sell on eBay for a considerable profit :)

8. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Charleston

9. True that! I love it. :D

10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Can you say THAT!???!?!? :eek:
    ;)

I was thinking more allong the line of that being the 8th sign of the apocalypse. Either that or expect one of them (either the bass or the church) to turn to dust in the presence of the other.